Single parenting is an option

(unedited)

*Three weeks later*

I ran to the washroom and threw open the toilet seat, before throwing up my whole lunch. Zion ran in behind me and held my hair back while rubbing my shoulders.

"shit, babe. You sure you're okay?" He said, handing me a cup of water.

I nodded and wiped my mouth with toilet paper. I got up and walked back out into the room. I had finished unpacking and flopped on my bed. Zion came and sat beside me.

"Aaliyah, Are you pregnant?" He whispered, his eyes looking worried. The poor guy would lose all hope of pursuing his music career if I answered truthfully. What kind of idiot doesn't know the answer to this question? I've been moody all week and threw up every day. What more do you need?

"No, I'm just sick from airplane food" I said, looking at the ceiling. Zion looked at me and put his hand on my stomach. I hated myself for letting this happen. I pushed his hand off gently and got up. I grabbed my jacket and headed for the door.

"Ill be back in a few" I said, closing the door behind me. I walked down the hall a few doors and knocked.

Ayesha opened the door and I gave her a weak smile.

"Oh no baby girl, whats wrong?" She said, giving me a hug and taking me with her into the room. I glanced around to see if her roommate was there.

"Ayesha, I'm pregnant" I whispered. Her jaw dropped and tears slid down my face.

"Oh my god, I cant believe this. Its Zions though, right?" She said, and I gave her a "duh" look. She gave me a water bottle and helped me onto the bed.

"So does he know?" she said, pulling a hoodie on and taking a seat beside me.

"No, He would want me to get an abortion" I whispered, playing with the bottle between my hands.

"What? Thats so dumb....What do you want to do?" She said.

"I want to keep it, I don't believe in killing a harmless soul. Plus, he would want me to get an abortion just so that it doesn't affect my life" I said, wiping my eyes.

"I think you should do what you want, after all, your the one carrying it" Ayesha said.

"I know, but I don't know if I can do it alone" I said.

"You're not alone, you have me" Ayesha said, squeezing my hand.

I smiled weakly and took a drink from the bottle. I felt the water slide down into my stomach and I breathed in.

"Do you think he would leave?" I whispered, looking up at her. She pressed her lips into a line and frowned.

"I think he's not ready for the commitment, and he definitely seems to want to follow his dreams without obstacles" She said, shaking her head. She pushed the hair out of my face and squeezed my hand.

"Let go for a walk" She said, trying to lighten the mood. I got up and followed her out the door as she tightened the hood of the hoodie to over her head. I pulled the jacket tighter around myself. I smiled at the couple kissing each other goodbye at the door and I fought the urge to yell "use protection kids". I smiled at them and caught up to Ayesha.

"I need to tell someone, someone who would be able to help me tell him" I said, suddenly making up my mind. Ayesha looked at me, confused.

"Do you really want that though? I mean, its a little early too" She whispered, waiting for a student to pass us.

"I'm sure, I feel like telling the guys first, then breaking it to Zion" I said, adjusting my posture.

"Yeah for sure, I'll call Elom to let them meet up with us at the cafe" she said, smiling at me. I nodded and glanced back at our door, suddenly realizing how much this changes things.