Chapter 9

"Dude who's this? CHICKS HAWWWT!" The boy with the thick, cubed glasses exclaimed as he looked you up and down, blinking and readjusting his glasses as he did so. Uncomfortable and slightly surprised by his forwardness, you move behind Steve to obstruct the small boy's prying eyes. He was literally fucking 5 compared to you! Steve, picking up on your discomfort glared at the boy. "This is, unfortunately, Rich-"

"Richie Tozier, at you're service madam" The boy, now known as 'Richie', said in a mock British accent. Richie proceeded to stand and rush to your side, interrupting Steve as he picked up your limp right hand, lifting it to his lips.

"An honour indeed", he winked, continuing with his horrible accent. You rolled your eyes at Richie and pulled back your hand. You had to admit, the kid had personality, but all the flattery was going to get him no where but a kick to the shin.

After school had ended, Steve had practically dragged you out of the building, not wanting to bump into Bill again and completely hellbent on getting you to 'meet the others'. What that meant - you didn't know at the time, however it soon became clear once you reached the park. When you arrived at the park Steve had taken you to, your eyes noticed a group of seven kids quietly chatting as they sat on the tall, lush green grass. The two of you stood there for a moment or so, looking at them before Richie noticed you and Steve. He then proceeded with the dialogue earlier, his comments catching the group by surprise before they too noticed your presence. What didn't make sense to you was that they were a bunch of kids - why did you need to meet them so badly?

"R-R-Richie t-th-that's enough" another boy with soft, baby blue eyes and an obvious stutter piped up, evidently annoyed with the boys antics. Said boy made his way over to you, followed by five others - four boys and one girl.

"H-hi, I-i'm B-B-Bill" he continued, extending his hand respectfully whilst he smiled up at you. You internally cringed when he said his name, reminding yourself of your own childhood friend, however you forced yourself to reciprocate his smile, stretching out your right hand to shake his own. A girl with fiery orange, almost red hair was next, she was known as 'Beverly'. Just by looking at her you could tell that she was a sweet girl who had gone through some shit.

Next in line was a brown haired boy with an extreme case of mysophobia. His name was 'Eddie'. Although you could tell he was a nice kid, you tried you hardest to refrain from laughing at his fanny pack. You didn't want to start off on the wrong foot or start any conflicts.

A quiet and gentle kid named Ben who you learned had a great interest in books and history - something you greatly respected - introduced himself alongside with two, similarly quiet boys, named Stanley and Mike.

You made a note of the instant connection you felt to the seven after their introductions. You had a feeling they felt it as well. It was almost like a pull to be together. This instant link was definitely new, you had never experienced it with any other of your friends.

Strange.

After all the introductions everyone went back to sitting down, Steve and yourself included. Everyone sat calmly and at peace as you all got to know each other. After spending 30 or so minutes with the group, you had discovered that Eddie and Richie fight like cat and dog, bickering and making fun of each other, Bill was sort of like the peace keeper, a leader in other words, Beverly was an strong girl who was not afraid to voice her opinion, Mike and Ben and even Stanley were on the softer and shy sides, however you still liked them just as much. They were honestly nice kids. You were glad to call them your friends. 

Another 10 minutes pass before the conversation slowly comes to a stop, the laughter that had erupted from Bill's story dying down. The tone of the chat then took a darker turn, with Steve bringing up what had happened earlier at school, something you had not since thought about since you had met the seven.