Chapter 10

ANNND WE'RE BACK! GUYS HOLY SHIT THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR 3K VIEWS I'M HONESTLY SHOOK LIKE WTF BLESS YOUR SOULS! AS A WAY OF SAYING THANKS I'VE MADE THIS CHAPTER HELLA, CRAZY LONG WITH SOME EXTRA SPICE IF YOU CATCH MY DRIFT ;) (oh god i'm so cheesy) ANYWAY ENJOY IT, IT TOOK ME A FEW DAYS TO WRITE THIS SO HOPEFULLY YOU'LL LIKE IT! AND AGAIN, THANK YOU! LOVE YOU! <3

~~~

Your breathing was soft and slow, your expression peaceful. Your (h/l), (h/c) hair lay sprawled out, covering the multiple pillows that littered the bed as your eyes remained closed caught in the rigid and unrelenting grasp of slumber. It had taken you a while that night to get to sleep, the information you had learned earlier from the group had taken a while to process. You had eventually, after countless attempts, fallen asleep in the end - despite your growing doubts.

It was around 3:00 AM when the soft, rhythmic tapping started.

Tap tap tap.

At first it wasn't enough to wake you up, your sleeping form not moving an inch from the position it laid in.

Tap tap tap.

It was much louder this time, firmer, as if it whatever had made that noise wanted to be acknowledged in that instance. This increased force was slightly more effective, making you change positions as you slept, turning from your right side to the left.

TAP TAP TAP.

You slowly woke up, eyes flickering open. The moonlight and your lamp's harsh glow hitting your face as soon as your eyes opened, awkwardly making you squint and bring your arm up to shield them. You gradually sat up as your eyes adjusted, the covers rustling discreetly as you moved. As you sit there, allowing your body to wake up a little, a strong emotion interjects, pushing and shoving its way to the front of your mind - demanding to be heard. This said feeling was soon identified as confusion. You were bewildered as to why you were awake - had you had one of those dreams that rip you from your sleep but you couldn't remember? You didn't know.

You looked over to your illuminated clock, curious as to what the time was. Looking over at the clock, the green glow of the lettering slightly irritating your eyes, it read: 3 am. All the horror movies you had watched over the years rushed back to your brain in an instant. 3 am or, 'The Witching Hour' was the prime time for demons, ghost and ghouls - and all sorts of ridiculous creatures - to attack and make their presence known. It was when the vail between the 'supernatural' plane and the material/physical plane was at it's thinnest - allowing for creatures or those from the physical plane to cross over somehow.

Trying to dispel the mythic, silly thoughts, you prepare to go back to bed, deciding to drink the water that resided next to your clock. It was a nightly routine to fill a glass and leave it on the table for times when you woke up in the middle of the night, just like the instance you currently found yourself in. Reaching your arm across to your bedside table, your hand grazes against the cold glass that contained the water you, oh so desperately needed, your chapped lips basically screaming for it. You pick the glass up and bring it to your lips, the water comforting to your deprived mouth.

TAP TAP TAP TAP.

The unexpected and intruding noise made you jump on the spot, the glass dropping from your, now wet, hand, spilling on the sheets and onto yourself.

"Shit!" You whispered angrily as you shuddered, feeling the water pool around your lower body, wetting your pyjama shorts. Thankfully your upper half was water free, the black tank top you wore just barely missing the spillage. You angrily sighed as you placed the glass back on you bedside table, much harder than you intended, the glass slamming obnoxiously in the darkness against the hard wood of the bedside table. You dismissed the tapping as nothing more than a tree rubbing up against your window and your skittish behaviour from working yourself up over the 3 am situation. It couldn't have been anything else. You were just freaking yourself out. The explanation promptly eases your mind and you get up from your bed to change your wet shorts.