(7) I Know You're Tortured Within

"Excuse me?" I heard a feminine voice ask politely, "Is there by any chance a Patrick Stump who lives here?"

Bob please don't say anything please plea-

"Sure, on the third floor, number 302. You a friend of his?" Apparently I needed to work on my telepathic skills.

"Yeah, he forgot something at work and my boss asked me to bring it's to him," Hayley answered jovially.

"Well, tell him I said to go out with us sometime. The dude's turning into a hermit." Bob grinned.

Hayley laughed, "Will do, Thanks."

"No problem."

With one more small wave, she slipped passed Bob and skipped up the stairs. Right when I was about to make my way past Bryar, a hand wrapped itself around my mouth and pulled me backwards.

"I thought," a voice hissed, "I said to go out the backdoor."

"Pete?" I tried to say, but, of course, his hand was still there.

"I am not removing this hand until you stop being such a freaking idiot." he grumbled. I simply rolled my eyes and waved my hands around in a way that I hoped conveyed yeah ok I'll be smarter from now on.

Apparently, it worked, because with one last annoyed huff, he let go. "Now," he said, "if you're done getting yourself killed-"

"I wasn't going to be killed, Pete! I know what I'm doing!"

Pete merely snorted, "Yeah, sure. Let's go." He grabbed my hand, and before I could complain, pulled me after him.

A/N: Yeah, so this ending pretty much sucks. I can't think of any other way, so...

Chapter Title: Tangled in the Great Escape - Pierce the Veil