8. People From the Past

"And kick, block, punch." The lively instructor showed.

The three Halliwells copied.

"That's the last step of the sequence. Let's run through the whole thing slowly together."

"Dude she's gorgeous." Scott whispered to Stiles who was trying not to fall over when he did his kick.

"Then go talk to her."

"For once I agree with Stiles." Jackson added just loud enough to be heard.

The group ran through through all the movements they had learned in the past week.

"Well done everyone. Why don't we break down into pairs and spar for the last ten minutes."

"Dude there's an uneven amount of people. Go ask her to fight you." Stiles pointed out.

"I can't fight her!"

Jackson practically threw Scott in the teacher's path.

"Um...hi." Scott raised his head with a puppy dog smile.

"Hi, Scott right?"

"Yeah!" He was so far gone.

"Is something wrong?"

"Oh...no...just there seems to be an uneven number of people and I was wondering if you'd be my partner?" It sounded so childish, adorable, and sincere.

She giggled. "Are you sure?"

"Yeah. You aren't going to beat me up are you?"

She laughed. "No. I promise I'll take it easy on you...this time." She winked.

The two squared off.

Scott was torn, he wanted to show that he was paying attention in class but he also felt weird about attacking a woman.

The instructor noticed the hesitation and took advantage. She swept in with a low kick to his leg while punching his chest.

"Focus. If you get distracted it's the difference between winning and losing." She attacked again in the same pattern. Scott blocked the kick and dodged the punch. He also threw a punch that the instructor easily stopped. She grabbed his arm, shifted her weight, and threw him to the ground.

Scott hit the ground hard. He got back up and returned to a fighting stance.

He went in with a few kicks and punches. She avoided them all with ease. Scott dropped to the ground and did a leg sweep. The instructor jumped back onto her hands then thrusted upward, kicking Scott in the chest. He went flying back a few feet onto the ground.

The instructor walked over and held a hand out for Scott to help him up.

"That was going easy?" Scott asked.

"Yeah. Besides I need you to break that up."

A scream went out in the room. "YOU CAN'T BITE ME THAT'S CHEATING!"