Commitment

Peter's P.O.V
I woke up early in the morning, feeling shocked that Wildfire and I stayed together after the war. I thought it was over once she hurt me, but I guess true love never breaks apart. I was ready to ask Aunt May for that favor she told me about at the beginning of our relationship.

~Aunt May's~

I knocked on the door of the place I used to call home. My smiling aunt opened the door.

"Peter!" She exclaimed gleefully. "What a lovely surprise!"

"Hey May, I was wondering if I could have that favor. The one you told me about in the beginning of our relationship?" I explained bashfully.

"Really?" She asked, sounding rather surprised as she reached in to a nearby drawer. "Here it is, I'm so happy for you two!"

She then kissed me on the cheek happily before I left. When I was out the door, I looked at the small black box, opening it to see what was inside. I stared down at the silver ring that had red ruby shaped like a heart in the middle. It was the perfect ring for the perfect girl, I was ready for commitment because I was in love with her. As I walked home I was shaky as ever, nervousness getting the better of me. What if she said no? She said that she loves me, but what if after all this time I've been wrong?