The Final Exams (Revised)

Authors Note: I think this is a very long chapter to sort of make up for my lack of revisions, it has been quite some time since the last, the next chapter is already partially written, you just need to wait for it to come out! I don't think it'll take as long, simply because I've gotten past the writer's block and I work from my computer now, so I have no excuse ahaha. 

If you see anything that seems like it doesn't fit with the story, let me know, because I tried to reread everything and make sure I had all the details in order, made me realize how much potential I set up and almost forgot about. See you in the next one!

(Word Count: 7150)

Chapter 18: The Final Exams

After Yaoyorozu Departed (Midoriya)

Midoriya was in the shower the water running down his skin as he smoothly traced the parallel lines that he had been self-inflicting upon himself recently. His mind was in complete disarray, he didn't know what to think. On one end, there was finally someone that believed in him, and he knew that he would be lying if he didn't say that it made him happy.

However, on the very opposite end of the spectrum, there was still so much to deal with, from his Court Hearing and the decision to the petition wanting to get him expelled. There was far too much for his mind to be able to handle and process all of this information. 'Why... can't it be more simple?'

He knew why, but it didn't stop him from slowly sliding down the wall and letting the water hit his face, the steam clouding his vision. "You're just a human who has been trying to change in a world that puts you down as its scapegoat." Those words continued to echo in his mind. Had he finally made a friend?

Those kinds of thoughts finally began to emerge, however, those voices in his head continuously berated him, stating that a monster like him would never be able to make friends. 15 minutes later and he finally stepped out of his bathroom, steam overflowing from the room. His shirt stuck to his skin.

He fell down onto his bed and he stared at the spot Yaoyorozu had sat in. "You're just a human who has been trying to change in a world that puts you down as its scapegoat." Again, those words echoed in his mind. His expression twisted into one that was mostly unfamiliar to him, Happiness from acceptance. He wasn't sure if they were friends, but he knew that he took a step forward.

She had been a direct victim, however, unlike others, she found the issues with her experience had been due to her own issue and to his power, not to him. It made his heart warmer as he moved the bedsheets and tucked them underneath, the moonlight continued to illuminate the chair as if it was an object of great importance.

After Yaoyorozu Departed (Yaoyorozu)

Drip... Drip... Drip... The sounds of water droplets hitting the ceramic floor echoed in Yaoyorozu's room. She held her knees close to her chest and looked at the picture frame that she had on the table. It was of her and Ms. Shino, it had been on her 4th birthday when they had taken that picture, it was the last picture they had taken together.

As a droplet of water fell from her moist hair she stood up and grabbed the frame, softly stroking the dust that had built on it. 'I...' Her thoughts were a complete whirlwind of unknown factors. She had said so much about herself, revealing thoughts that only her therapist had known for the longest time.

'Why... Why... Why...' It kept repeating in her head over and over again. She had gone in there just trying to get an answer, why do you have seven years of life left, she had ended up having to reveal a lot about herself. Of course, she knew that she had to do something to gain his trust, however, part of her wanted to simply talk.