The Line Between You & Me (Revised)

Authors Notes: 

Another Revision, incredibly slow to come out. Been out of town so often or working so often that this has really just fallen on the back burner. It's still fun to write, but with my only time to write being at 12 am. I usually just fall asleep. However, I'll try to keep updating and revising until this book is finished! Until the Next one

Chapter 20: The Line Between You & Me

3rd Person POV (Midoriya)

After the exams and everything were over Midoriya found himself sitting upright in his bed the rays of the morning sun hitting his face. His body hurt all over as he still wasn't completely healed. 'Should I even go...' He stood up wincing. He had finally slept decently for the first time in about 2 weeks. That dream hadn't popped up last night, instead, he had a dark sleep. No dreams nothing.

After changing his eyes hovered over his mirror the dark bags under his eyes and the crack that looked as ominous as ever continued to stare back at him. He looked away and clenched his fist. 'Maybe... It won't hurt.' He wanted to pretend he was part of the class, even if just a little bit. And so, he got cleaned up and dressed putting on some shoes and, of course, his bracelet.

Making his way downstairs he saw that everyone was already grouped up and getting ready to head out. "Are you coming too?" Yaoyorozu was the one who spoke for the group that had noticed his arrival. "I'll stay behind all of you. There are just a few things I need." His voice was soft as several looked uneasy. "Then let's head out?" Iida glanced at the boy before leading everyone to the station.

When they finally arrived Midoriya with his hood and mask began to separate from the rest of the group not wanting to hang around anyone else for too long. "Midoriya?" He heard his name, but he didn't stop he just kept moving. He disappeared into one of the outlets and began to look at some medical supplies.

He needed to get some gauze pads and some wrist wraps. 'I need to find something else... This isn't what a hero would do...' He leaned down and grabbed a pack of gauze pads when he felt a sharp pain from danger sense. It caused his body to freeze as he slowly stood up and walked out of the store. He could feel it, if he stayed in that building it would only get worse and worse.

The pounding in his head lightened up a bit as he walked outside and looked around observing his surroundings. That was when it happened, his Danger Sense suddenly went silent. 'H-Huh?' That was when an arm went around his shoulder. "Oh, man! If it isn't Izuku Midoriya! Let's have a chat shall we?" That was when his head practically ripped open from the pain.

His eyes looked at the figure holding three fingers on his neck. "Shi...garaki..." Izuku followed his lead and they sat on a bench. "You know... I was ready to go ahead and attack you in the store... And yet you miraculously walk out of your own accord looking around as if you could feel something was wrong..." Shigaraki was monologuing at this point.

"I thought, that this was perfect, now I didn't need to even make a scene! I know I could've killed at least 30 before anything happened to me!" He smiled slightly before he went back to his monotone expression and his free hand started to scratch his neck. "You know... I hate Stain. I release the Noumu's and he takes all of the attention and because of his name they linked us together!"

Shigaraki had an annoyed glint in his eyes as he spoke. "Then he names you the perfect hero... Like what kind of crap is that?" His three fingers tightened their grip and yet, Midoriya couldn't find the strength to fight back. That part of him that wished to die kind of hoped he would use the other 2 fingers and finish all of it.