I Never Knew Until Now

I looked at her confused." I don't have a grandmother. My parents parents died many years ago." I said to her. She shook her head and said " no no child your grandmothers are well alive. Both your grandfathers are dead for different reasons." I was so confused. But before I could ask her anything the wolf howled and looked at her making her say " yes your right Aeon. I'm sorry dear but you must go back to your.. guardians for the current time. You'll see us again I promise. But we don't want Lucy-Bella to find you here. Aeon take her back." The wolf nodded and helped me onto his back and everything was black as soon as I was on. After a while he pushed me off into a puddle of water to get some sort of soft landing. I glared at him and he gave me a wolf's grin and ran off into the woods. I got up and found my self near the river I was bathing in earlier, I went home quickly and changed into dry warm cloths that mother had hanging over the wooden stove. I went up the narrow stairs to my small room and laid in bed. My mind was whirling, how could it be true? These people I live with are my parents... right? I've got to find out. I got out of bed and went to mother and pulled at her skirt. "Mother, are you my real mother?" She looked taken aback and for a second I thought I saw fear but she shook her head. "Dear of course I'm your mother. Who has taken care of you? Who birthed you? Who taught you all you know? You didn't know how to talk, how to pray, about the rebellion, why we are po..why do your eyes widen?" She asked. " you never told me rebellion! What rebellion?" I asked. She looked even more fearful and father slammed his hand on the table, I did not know he was there. " do not ask about rebellions! Just know it's the reason we are poor and that we are not ruled by filthy humans any more.." he said sounding a bit lame at the end. I never knew it.. mother looked at me and tried to grab my arm, but I ran from her and up the stairs and locked my door. I paced around my room trying to think, when had I ever seen a human. but I shouldn't think about that right now. I need to know if they were my real parents. And the place that would know if they were was the Cidical a few miles away in the bigger town. I waited until night time for them to go to bed and grabbed my bow and arrows and put on my riding dress. It was a bit shorter than my usual one and it was lighter material. I grabbed some food as well, thinking i was going to be gone for a while, and put it into my bag and went out to the very small shed that we called a stables. In it was only our donkey and our last cow and bull. I put a saddle on our donkey, who I had happily named Miss Lacy, and started at a quick trot down the way. We road into town and thankfully no one was out. I only knew these streets because I had been through them a few times hiding under hay in fathers cart. For some reason he didn't want anyone to know I existed. I was always envious of watching other children play with each other while I only had animals. But now I'm much happier with the animals anyways. As we went past the bakers I saw some apples had been thrown out. I stopped her and hopped down and went to go look at them. I picked up a few and saw hardly anything wrong with them, sure they weren't perfect but they were still good. I took quite a few with me and fed some to Miss Lacy, hey if they were being thrown out then it's not stealing, right? But regardless I took them and hopped back on and road into the night.

Hours went on and on following the trails that o thought went to the bigger town. I had never actually been there so I was probably lost. It was close to maybe the early morn when I started feeling eyes on the back of my head. I pulled out my bow and an arrow and looked around, ready to shoot. I saw nothing so I pulled back around and that's when he came. The wolf jumped out infront of me making her startled and rear up. I fell backwards hitting my head for the second time this day. And with my great luck I felt my arm snap from under me as I tried to catch my self. I layed still as the pain quickly went over me. The wolf ran over to me and seemed to have a worried look on his face. He ran away into the underbrush but quickly came back with the same woman I saw earlier. She gasped seeing my arm and scolded the wolf and quickly helped to me. She set my arm back into proper place and ran her hands over the area. A green glow went from her hands to my arm and I felt the pain receding almost instantly. I got up quickly and flexed my arm and hand confused and also in awe. how could she have done that? most healers only belong to royal families. the older woman picked me up and examined me all over. " i think it was just your arm dear. im about to kill Aeon for having scared you hor- donkey?" she said looking confused and then she sighed." it appers your guardians are to poor to even have a horse.. oh well a donkey can do" she went over to the large wolf and Miss Lacy who was now calm but staring at the wolf and they seemed to be talking without moving. i was confused as to how but i hopped back onto her and looked at the woman who said she is my grandmother. she gave me a scolding look and said " why are you out here alone this early in the morn?  you know its very dangerouse Victrix. why are you outhere anyway?"" i was going to ride to the cidical to find my birth records to see if my parents are my actual parents..who are you and this wolf anyway?" i asked realizing i never asked. she smiled and motioned to the wolf. suddnely his body turned into a haze and when it was gone there stood a man with white hair like my grandmothers but it has streaks of red and was wavy jsut like mine. he looked about his mid twenties but he had lots of scars that seemed to make a pattern. he also had blackend rings in his eyes with red in the center. he was slightly shorter than the woman but much more built than her. and then i noticed that they both had ears on top of thier heads that flipped around and acted like a wolfs. my eyes widen relizing what they were." this is your father Aeon.. im your grandmother Tarva. but call me Lavander if you want to dear... and yes we are werewolves. i am the queen of werewolfs. and your father is the prince until i die.." she finished with a sad sigh." so.. im a princess then? but wait im not a werewolf! ive never turned into one on a full moon!" i said not beleving her. she chukled and said " well your mother is the third elf goddes and so she has powers to make it not show in you. but if you dont beleive me at all then let us help you to the cidical" she said. i nodded and we went on ourway there riding well into the morning.