Learning to Trust Them

I smiled looking at it in my hair. " thank you. so um... what are we going to do?" i asked, Lily smiled and took my hand and lead me to the large front door of the castle and turned like we had walked in. " well first we will have a tour of.. some of the castle, obviously you cant go everywhere unless with the king or queen... Caelum will have to show you some of the castle as i am not allowed in them... while the king and queen try to love every race they are forced to act a bit hostile to some like me..." she said with a frown. " what are you?" i asked. " i am a human... we are now the lowest of the low on terrafirma. tho some of us that have an education or are in high regards by the upper classes, we are put in nicer positions. like me be your nurce or nanny, whatever you want to call me. but let us begin!" she said heading to where my room was. she said this was not going to be my room but it was going to be upstairs near the queens quarters. she then showed me to Caelums and then had him show me to the kinds quarters and then took me back. also to the kitchen and laundry room and such. and when we finaly came to the stables i saw Miss Lacy in with some of the younger horses who were for the servants and queen and such. i smiled and petted her head as Lily looked confused. " do you know this donkey miss Victrix? i saw a stallion eyeing her earlier when the man brought her in here" lily said. i nodded and looked around to see a very beautiful stallion snorting and looking at her. Lily quickly took us away from the stabled as a female in a full suit of armour who was very slim and tall with short black hair and intence grey eyes came to Lily who blushed seeing her. " the king and queen want the children Lily...oh hello there.. im the head soldier in the females fleet. my name is Alexandrea. or Alex little miss" she said sounding a bit gruff like she did not talk very much. Lily nodded and quickly took us to what i could guess was the throne room and waited by the door with the female guard. Caelum took my hand and walked further into the room which was full of guards and other people sitting at tables with scrolls rolling all over the floor making a mess. i looked up to see three people sitting in gold thrones next to an empty one to the queens left. the king was a tall, built man with pure black eyes and long white hair that was the same length of his beard which was mid chest and was a dirty blond looking color. the queen was a bit of a squatter looking woman compared to the king with light purple eyes and quite dark brown hair that was to her shoulders and a hit wavey who looked very cheery compared to the somber look of the king. nd next to them was a girl who looked about 12 and was the female version of Caelum with the same dark hair that was long to her hips and her eyes were a dark purple but she looked very pale and sickly. she had her head in her hand looking at the ground with a scowl on her lips. she looked up at us and still had the same scowl but also adopted a hard look like the king whos expression changed to a smile that must have been rare. Caelum ran to him with a laugh and hopped onto his lap. i smiled and felt a pang of jealousy in my chest. i frowned having not felt it this hard before. the queen got up and picked me up and held me to her. " hello dear. i am going to be your new mother for now. i am queen Bellatrix Supremnia-Aux Fortuna. this is king Almond Iptays Fortuna. and this is our eldest child Jade Genevieve-Trada Fortuna. and of course you know our son Caelum Tenebrus-Lux Fortuna. and you are now going to be part of our family dear Victrix!" she said happily nuzzling my forhead. she carried me over to the king who put me on his lap and smiled to me. " helloe there dear... oh your poor eye.. can you see out of it?" he said pointing to my slashed eye. i blinked and looked around and nodded to him. he smiled. thier daughter suddnly got up when a very old man walked in who was pockmarked and leaning on a cane. he came up to them and she bowed very low with her hands knotted behind her back. there i was a engagement  ring on her right fourth finger.  i was confused because as far as i knew twas custom to put the ring on the left middle finger. she gave him a fake loving smile as she embraced him. he just stood there looking down at her before she sat back down and he bowed to the king and queen. " your majesty, i have heard word that you were expecting another daughter. i have come to offer my sons hand in engagement to her if you are allowing." he said with a wicked smile. the king looked thoughtfully as he seemed to think it over but his eyes slid to Jade who was behind the old man who fervently shook her head no. he frowned and shook his head as well. " im sorry but we will decide later on when she is of engagement age, about when she is 10 to 12 years old. begone please we were having a discussion with her anyway." he said with a bit of force at the end. the man nodded and quickly left as Jade sighed and left the room as well to i guess her room. the queen sneered to the king and sighed " that man just wants to make sure his family is wealthy when we pass on. i wont have it! you know what i think i would rather let her decide." he just shook his head and told her they would discuss it later. i frowned but the queen petted my head and smiled saying " dont worry your destiny shall be of your own choosing. but for now just enjoy being a child. now i want you to go outside into the gardens and find an empty plot and plant this alright?" she then handed me a large seed the size of my fist that was a black color. i looked confused but she put me off her lap and i walked out back to Lily who took my to the royal gardens. there were many beautiful and strange plants, trees, and other vegetation.  i found two rose bushes that were the loveliest shades of green intertwining into an arch over an empty plot ready for planting. i got on my knees and started digging into the soft ground as Lily reprimanded me for getting dirty, saying i would need another bath. i had no care as i found pleasure in the ground and what it could grow for us and how we could keep it beautiful forever more with love and care. once i had a deep enough hole i gently put the seed into it and covered it up when a sudden thought came to me. the image of my dead fake mother. i started to tear up remembering in. yes she may have been under magic but it seemed she genuinely cared... then i started crying remembering it was all fake from her. the water from my eyes went to the ground and watered the seed that lies beneath it. and as i cried for loss i also wept happy that my future was still mine to have and not cut short. i looked to the skies and thanked the gods and lily took me inside for another bath.