Chapter 5-Memory Wave

Ulquiorra looked at the bridge connecting to Wave Country, a feelings of some emotions he couldn't identify were now hitting him, and wondered if any of them were positive ones. While possible, he was also sure some of them were negative too, as they brought up a sense of emptiness at not having what other humans have, and made the Arrancar even more confused.

Deciding not to dwell on those emotions, Ulquiorra Schiffer walked across the bridge, hands in his pockets, and headed for the nearest restaurant to eat. Knowing money was involved, the former Espada had killed a small time group of bandits that had just robbed an extremely rich weapons merchant, and took the money from such spoils to use in the future. Like now given the man needed food to eat and there was the occasional need for his body to sleep even though Ulquiorra never really understood it himself since he felt it was more a human then an Arrancar thing.

Though Coyote Starrk would possibly disagree given the amount of sleep the man always did in the past when in Las Noches.

Refocusing on Wave Country, the former Espada could see prosperity had reached new heights for this land it had never experienced before his arrival when he was Uzumaki Naruto, and saw the people were much happier since that time. The streets were clean, the people healthy, the children happy, and the buildings no longer looking ready to fall apart at the key structure points that kept them standing. In a way, Ulquiorra was a bit impressed that the people that were suffocating a slow agonizing death could recover so much within three years, and show they could be strong when given proper nourishment as a whole.

The former Espada would have thought more on this, but a familiar smell coming from an equally familiar form of food soon stopped Ulquiorra in his tracks, and turned to see the one place even he didn't expect to find in Wave. Walking over to the familiar place of eating, Ulquiorra entered the restaurant, and sat down on the stool that had at one point been his throne when it came to eating.

"Welcome to Ichiraku Ramen. What would you like to order?" said the familiar female voice of Ayame, as she turned to see the Arrancar sitting down, and was surprised to see such a strange person eating here.

"Pork and Miso Ramen please," said Ulquiorra wanting to see if his appetite had made any changes since his time being Uzumaki Naruto.

"Coming right up!" said Ayame before heading into the back to make the order and it was then Ulquiorra realized the girl's Father wasn't in the back to make the food.

"Excuse me, but I have a question I wish to ask you," said Ulquiorra seeing the woman look at him with surprise.

"Oh! What's the question?" said Ayame seeing the man eat his food with manners that could rival Daimyos.

If Daimyos ever ate ramen that is.

"I am familiar with this ramen stand back when it was in Konoha and I couldn't help but notice the usual chef isn't in the back. I've been out of touch for three years and I wish to speak with him after so long. Is he by chance out on business?" said Ulquiorra trying to be polite and not give himself away at being rude.

Memories of the woman always sneaking him some extra food when growing up had made sure he didn't offend her now.

"My Father died almost three years ago. He was killed in a home invasion robbery while I was out running errands," said Ayame now suddenly saddened at the memory of her Father dying.

"I understand. However, I wish to know why you moved here, and not stay in Konoha? Surely the people in the Leaf were understanding of your grief and comforted you," said Ulquiorra seeing Ayame looking sadder with a hint of being scorned mixed into it.

"No. If anything, I suspect the killer would have gotten away with it if caught, and the people would throw a parade," said Ayame seeing Ulquiorra raise an eyebrow.