Chapter 10-True Despair

Kurotsuchi, the news Tsuchikage of Iwa frowned at the report in front of her, as a scout had come running back to the village, and looked deathly afraid. From what the Shinobi had reported, it was good reason, as Taki had fallen recently to outside forces. And not just any outside forces either. No. The village was destroyed by the allied forces of one Ulquiorra Schiffer, the seven-tailed Jinchuriki Fu, who was once the guardian of the village, and Suna forces led by Sabaku no Temari.

Most of the village itself was kept intact, as it was clear the resources around Taki alone could bring about a new form of prosperity to Suna with a fresh water source, and the value it presented to Wind Country given how most of it was desert. A large supply of water that seemed to never end was worthy more to Suna then gold and Ulquiorra had agreed to let Taki be annexed into Wind since such resources would only benefit them in the future.

That was three days ago.

'First, highly skilled Leaf Shinobi meet their end, Orochimaru, Rice Country, then the Akatsuki organization is destroyed, Ame soon after, and now the village of Taki itself is lost. The hidden village of Kumo, Mist, and Suna are allied together to remove Iwa along with the Leaf for our past transgressions. Spring Country has fallen in with them, as has Wave Country, and the majority of their firepower are the Jinchuriki themselves. Even then, they are nothing when compared to Ulquiorra Schiffer himself, as he could easily kill them all without batting an eyelash, and had proven was possible when killing the late Sandaime Tsuchikage right in front of her.

All for the sake of those damn Jinchuriki Han and Roshi. Kurotsuchi knew it was in part to Ulquiorra's past life in being the Kyuubi's final Jinchuriki, but it was hardly fair to the rest of the Elemental Countries that they should suffer when things like this have been going on for years, and no one had complained. Okay maybe that wasn't true, as people had complained in the past, but they were in the minority, or were the Jinchuriki before measures had been taken to silence those voices.

Funny how karma had turned things around so the shoe was on the other foot.

"Afraid?" said Ulquiorra, as he appeared in front of the woman, and scaring her almost out of the Kage chair she sat on.

"You? Guards!" said Kurotsuchi with the ANBU arriving moments later with weapons drawn.

"Do all arrogant Kages in power send their Shinobi to their death so soon? And I thought the Hokage in Leaf was the only one losing her mind," said Ulquiorra seeing the female Tsuchikage quickly raised her hand to stop the ANBU from advancing.

"Why are you here?" said Kurotsuchi knowing there was a reason for the man being in her office and wanted to hear it.

"I wanted to know if you and Iwa were interested in surrendering?" said Ulquiorra seeing the ANBU tense and Kurotsuchi doing the same.

"Never! Every single Iwa Shinobi and citizen will fight you and your allies to the last person capable of fighting!" said Kurotsuchi seeing Ulquiorra nod in understanding.

He expected as much from her.

"Can't say I didn't try. Also, just so you know, Suna, and Kumo are outside your walls on one side of the village," said Ulquiorra, as the Garganta appeared behind him, and several other smaller ones acting like TVs opened to reveal the troops to the Tsuchikage.

"What?" said Kurotsuchi in surprise.

"Yes. They are attacking from one side and I am attacking from the other," said Ulquiorra before he entered the Garganta and closed with the scenes he showed with them.

"Mobilize all our forces. Prepare to defend Iwa!" said Kurotsuchi, but even as she spoke those words, explosions rocked the village, and soon the sound of fighting could be heard outside the tower.