Chapter 8

Chapter 8 In Hiding.

Adrianna POV

That was stupid. I can't believe I did that. What is wrong with me? Father will punish him for sure....

"Excuse me, Miss?" a small voice asked. I looked up startled.

I hadn't noticed that I'd landed. I looked around at my surroundings, confused.

A park?

I felt a tug on my sleeve and looked down at the little boy who had spoken to me. Resisting the urge to cringe, I forced a smile at him.

"Yes?" I forced out as politely as I could. The little boy looked a bit frightened.

"T-That boy wanted me to get you for him!" he squealed, pointing to a park bench and scurrying off.

I looked over to see none other than Albus Dumbledore smiling at me. I walked over to him with false joy and plopped into the seat next to him.

"What's up, Gramps?" I asked sarcastically. He just looked over at me calculatingly. After a few minutes of this, I began to feel uncomfortable.

"Um, so, you know I really hate kids..." I mumbled awkwardly. He smiled a bit.

"Ah, on the contrary. I believe you despise children because you desire their innocence. The innocence that was ripped from you at a young age." he spoke in a wise voice.

"No. They're just annoying. Always giggling and happy, with their squeaky little voices and mispronunciation." I said indignantly.

"Children are our future, Miss Riddle." he muttered quietly. I gave him a disbelieving look.

"Shall we?" he asked, holding out his wrinkled arm. I smirked as a thought came into my mind.

"We shall." I said nicely, grabbing his arm.

  Before he could turn to apparate, I burst into brilliant black flames. Taking him by the arm, I transported us directly to his office at Hogwarts.

Once we landed, he stumbled a bit before sitting quietly behind his desk. I flopped into the seat across from him and looked at him blankly.

He observed me with crystal blue eyes for a few moments.

"What's my punishment?" I asked finally. His eyes widened.

"Punishment?"

"For leaving the school." I clarified. He sighed a bit.

"There will be no punishment. All of your teachers have been informed of your temporary leave due to 'family necessities'." he said.

"No punishment? Then can I sleep?" I asked. He gave a small chuckle.

"Of course. You're free to leave Miss Weston." he put emphasis on my false surname. I smiled a bit before composing my face and taking my leave. As my hand touched the doorknob, I turned slowly back to the Headmaster.

"Why are you being so nice to me?" I blurted, "Shouldn't you hate me? You know my future."

Dumbledore gave me a sad smile. He stood slowly and walked over to me, resting a hand on my shoulder. I resisted the urge to slap it off.

"Because, Adrianna, you are young. We all make mistakes when we are young." he said simply, a far away look in his eye. He glanced quickly at a small picture frame sitting on his desk, and I followed his gaze.

A small girl, probably nine or ten, blinked up at me. She had a wide smile on her face as she batted her bright blue eyes.

Dumbledore caught my gaze.

"My sister, Ariana." he mumbled, "She was my young mistake."

He ushered me out the door then.

"Get some sleep, dear. You've got classes in the morning." he smiled at me. I began to descend the stairs slowly. As I hit the bottom step, I faintly heard Dumbledore speak.

"There is still hope for her."

------------------------------------

A/N  Hey guize! Okay that was lame..... Anyways, I realized that I'm gonna be kind of jam-packed on time tomorrow, so instead I thought I'd update a bit at midnight instead. So smart, right? :) Anywho-zers hope you enjoy this chappy!! Gosh I'm so lame..... I'll probably try and update by Monday or Tuesday!!! If you liked the chapter please
VOTE
COMMENT
SHARE
FAN
<3

As always, Thanks for reading!! :)