- CHAPTER I

chapter 001 | the beginning

▬▬▬✧ ▬▬▬

One thing Rose was immensely grateful for was the witch Flora Van Allen whom she had met centuries ago but was still entirely grateful for her. Rose and her twin brother Rai had been traveling for at least a century in only the shadows of the night which was incredibly annoying. Flora Van Allen had made Rose and Rai their daylight rings all for the small price of protecting the Van Allen bloodline which is a promise Rose plans to upkeep. That's why the Reyes twins were currently on their way to Mystic Falls, Virgina, home of Desiree Van Allen.

Normally the twins would just idly watch the generations of Van Allens, but Desiree Van Allen is being taken advantage of by a group of vampires and all be damned if Rose Reyes was just going to sit down and watch it happen.

"Are you sure we're going the right way," Rai asks his younger sister while trying to peer at the map that Rose was currently hugging to her chest. Rose hated being wrong, so she figured if Rai was clueless she could get them back on route subtly.

"Uh..yeah.." Rose mutters while trying to analyze a new route in her head. "Take a left here!" Rose blurts out and jumps up from her sitting position to point towards the left turn.

Rai takes a sharp left, his sister barely giving him a mere few seconds to make the turn. "A little heads up next time," Rai glares at his sister.

"Are you the one with the map?" Rose banters back at her brother.

"No, but I should be." Rai glares while eyeballing his sisters loose grip on the map before reaching across and snatching it from her hands. After a few
moments of analyzing the map Rai declares his sister has no sense of direction.

"We'd get there eventually," Rose smiles sheepishly at her glaring brother. "I mean I got us halfway there."

"The wonder twins strike again!" Rose says as she jumps out of the car, and performs her version of a super hero fighting move.

"Oh you are no fun," Rose grumbles as she notices her brother giving her a weird look. "One of these days you'll call us the wonder twins," Rose mutters as she walks beside her brother.

"Maybe on my death bed buttercup," Rai mutters while patting his sisters head.

"Do you have any idea where she'd be?" Rose asks while getting back on task to the real reason they're even in Mystic Falls.

"No, but this is a small town someone has to know of her," Rai suggests while opening the door to the Mystic Grill for his sister then follows suit.