- CHAPTER XII

CHAPTER 12 | THE BEGINNING spain 1068

spain 1068

"WELCOME, KING ALFONSO THE SIXTH has been expecting you," Rose's warm voice greeted loudly to the family five stepping out of a horse drawn carriage. "He has told me that he is much pleased you have agreed to join in him in the battle to come."

King Alfonso of Spain had heard the tales of the family. A family who could do things no ordinary man could do, so he invited them to join him in Spain for the next battles to come. He offered to let their... feeding habits go unnoticed, and he would pay them generously. Rose Reyes was his personal assistant and his whore, which she absolutely despised. "Who might you be?" A charming English accent rang out.

Rose smiled. "My name is Rose Reyes, I am King Aflonso's adviser."

"In other words, you're his whore and you do the bitch work?" Another English voice chimed.

"That is rude Kol," the only female scolded. She had long curly blonde hair and plump lips. Rose sent a grateful nod her way.

Rose ignored the man's comment and warmly smiled. "Right this way please," she told them as she turned to the side to allow them to pass, and held her hand out in the same direction.

Over the next several weeks the family had met Rose' twin brother, Rai, who worked as a blacksmith in the village and not in the castle like Rose. The Mikaelson family had also learned the King Alfonso had a sinister way of treating his work staff, specifically Rose. She was his favorite toy. She was much stronger than the other girls and could take the pain. She refused to ever cry or scream. She didn't want to give that man any more satisfaction.

"There's a way to stop all this, love. I can give you a better life," Klaus cooed as he pulled the battered girl into his lap. He had found her bloody and beaten once again on the castle floor.

He simply could've killed Alfonso himsself, but he found it much more poetic for her to do it.

"How?" She sniffled as she slowly raised her head to look at him. She used the back of her hand to wipe some of the blood pouring from her nose.

She had gotten so use to the pain in her intimate areas it almost didn't bother her anymore. Klaus rubbed her long curly hair affectionately.

"You've heard the stories of my family?" He questioned.

Rose nodded her head. "I've heard.. I've heard you were monsters."

Klaus smirked. "And what do you think?"

Rose smiled. "You've never been anything but gentle to me. Your family is.. magnificent. The things you can do.." she told him dreamily. They were strong and fast. Invincible. It's all she ever wanted to be.

Klaus smiled largely, "oh how happy I am to hear you say that," he told her gently.

He stared at her for a few moments before he quickly bit into his wrist and yanked her forward by the back of her neck. He pressed her lips to his wrist.