- CHAPTER XI

CHAPTER XII | GIRL POWER

"WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!" Desiree yelled as the Mystic Falls gang barged into the Reyes' twins apartment. Desiree quickly gave the vampires in the room a brain aneurysm. She felt her breath quicken and heart race at the thought of her former friends killing her.

"What we have to!" Bonnie yelled through gritted teeth as she brought a closed fist up to her mouth. She glanced at her friends clutching their heads in their hands. Bonnie took a deep breath and opened her fist and blew a powder on Desiree.

The blonde witch almost instantly lost all concentration on magic as the vampires slowly eased their way to stand again. Her lungs felt like fire with every inhale she took.

"What... what- did you do to me..." Desiree trailer off as her vision began getting blurry and her head dizzying. She tried walking forward but was stumbling like a drunk woman.

"Rai will come for you," Desiree said quietly, but everyone in the room heard it loud and clear. Her eyes then fluttered shut softly as she fell hard to the ground.

"Lobelia flower... borrowed it from my grandmother," Bonnie smiled triumphantly to Caroline who gave her a worried look.

Caroline wasn't a fan of any of this. She didn't like betraying and backstabbing her friends to get ahead, and they weren't ever sure if the twins were actually even going to betray them.

  Bonnie then quickly took off her black gloves and tossed them carelessly on the floor. Careful not to touch the Lobelia flower.

Caroline watched with worried eyes. "It's not going to like.. kill her right?" She questioned meekly. Caroline still viewed Desiree as her friend, just misguided right now.

"No. It'll just knock her unconscious for a few hours," Damon said gruffly as he walked over to the small girl and picked her up.

Damon cradled her head against his body as he muttered softly to the unconscious girl, "let me check your head," while rolling her head into his hands and inspecting the small gash on her forehead that was bleeding quite vigorously for being such a small cut. "Well, you'll live." He muttered with a sideways smirk.

"Let's get out of here," Bonnie said quickly while peering out the window. She was always checking over her shoulder since she had locked Rose in the tomb. She felt like Rai had eyes everywhere.

She quickly took out her phone and texted Stefan, we got her.