Chapter Five: Nora

Back to present day.
So today I have to go pickup Nora from school, shes in fourth grade.
As I drove up, im thinking about plans for Nora's birthday, I got pregnant in June and the Due date was Febuary twelth. It's Febuary Tenth.
"Hey mami." Nora always says this when she gets in the car but this time she seemed sad.
"Hey, whats wrong?" I asked her.
"Um, I just have something important to ask you." Something important, this can't be.
"How important?"
"Well it's about a person in my life." Oh no
"Yeah."
"I was wondering if Jenna could come to my birthday along with me other friends." Oh my, I am so relief right now, I am so not ready to tell her about E.
"Oh of course, but whos Jenna?" I asked
"She's this new kid, shes been at our school for three days, and me and her have become great friends."
"Yes, she can come but, we need to talk to her parents first."
As we drove home we talked about whether if she wanted to eat the cupcakes at school or does she want cupcakes and cake at home or where ever we go. She picked cupcakes at school.
When we got home I called my mom and told her about what I thought Nora was gonna say. My mom said I'm gonna have to tell her someday even if she doesn't ask about it, and I kinda agree, kind of.
"Nora are you hungry."
"Yes, we had pizza today at school." If you didn't know Nora hates pizza, I don't know why.
"I know, that's why I asked."
"Okay mom, I have to ask this, I was gonna ask in the car but I could tell you didn't want me to ask, Im sorry mom but please can my dad come to my birthday party?" Nora asked with praying hands. It was silent for a moment I haven't seen him in nine or ten years. So that's when I told her the story I told you guess, but I lied to her about lying to my mom to go out with him, I told her that I asked her and she said "yes" and that she should always tell the truth around me. He responds to the story was, "Okay so you guys obvious were in love and I think he freaked out about you being pregnant and he probably wasn't ready."
"Okay who prepared you for this?" I know a nine year old would never just come up with that off the top of their head. "Don't get mad but abuela told me."
"Don't get mad, okay, I won't." Okay so my mom lied to me, she said she wouldn't tell her without my permission. "Mami, what she didn't tell me what his name is, and you didn't tell me that either."
"Um, okay, his name, um."
"Mom."
"His name is Emilio Rodriguez."
"Emilio?"
"Yes, Emilio."
"Anyways can Emilio come to my birthday party?"
"I'll try to contact him."
"Yes, Okay, I'm just gonna eat an apple, go to my room and do homework, so you can get busy."
As she did that I called my mom.
"Mom!"
"What?" she asked
"Don't 'what' me you told Nora the story and then you told her what to say."
"I only did that because I wanted her to know her father."
"Did you think I was never gonna tell her."
"Well yes."
"Bye mom I have to try to contact him."
I just hung up the phone. That just made me wonder how many things she lied to me about. I went on the computer and searched for his name I found is name on Facebook and twitter, I proceeded to message him.
You: Hey
He read it but it took him like 10 minutes to reply and all he said was,
E: Hey
You: I have something to ask you
E: What
You: Your daughter wants you to come to her 10th birthday party
E: I have a daughter
You: do you not remember when I told you I was pregnant
E: I do but I didn't know the gender
You: well do you want to come or no
E: Sure when is it?
You: February twelfth
E: Okay I'll be there
E: Can we talk
You: were talking now
E: No in person
You: Why
E: I have things I need to say to you
You: I don't know
E: c'mon your 27 do you really need to ask
You: How do you know my age
E: Bc I never forgot you
You: Ok I'll come
E: How about at one of the downtown restaurants
You: Sure but I'm not bringing Nora
E: Her name is Nora, I like it
You: see you there
E: Bye

Well that went great I think.
"Mami did you find him."
"Yes, and he's gonna come, and he likes your name."
"Really, I like it too, well I'll go to abuela's while you guys go on the date."
"Nora, you need to stop doing that."
"Sorry I'm just excited, and plus you were reading out loud, you always do that."
"Don't get too excited." He might run away from you like he did me.