Chapter 1: Return

On a somewhat normal day, Eva and Kyle were out scouting a crime syndicate that met up in a run down building with 10 floors. Word got in that a new crime lord was looking to place his tracks in Silver Streak, but Kyle was going to make sure they found warm welcome from the Ghost of Silver Streak.

     "It's a quick infiltration mission," Kyle said over his earpiece as he walked through the back alleys, only stopping once he found the right building to start climbing up.

     "You say that now," Eva called out from her side as she managed to sneak past the front guards and get her way inside the building. "But just wait until we're spotted and stealth goes out the window."

     "You have that little faith in me?" He joked around as he pulled himself up the water spout, climbing up with the loose bricks and holes in the walls.

     "No, I just know that recently, we have not been that great at stealth," She answered quietly, not wanting to be heard by anyone who could be listening. She quietly made her way through several rooms, looking to put a face to a name. "What's this guy supposed to look like anyway?" Eva asked as she looked around every face she came past, getting suspicious looks from most of the nameless guards and gunmen.

     "Tall, blonde hair, light skin," Kyle started, then paused. "...You know what, just picture what any cliché mafia boss would look like, and you got you guy." He pulled himself into a window and rolled onto his feet, careful not to make too much noise. He looked around the corner and saw several guys coming up the stairs and he hid into one of the rooms. "Shit... Eva? It's kind of up to you right now. I'm sort of surrounded."

     "Damn right you are," Someone called from behind Kyle and he let out a deep sigh, feeling a gun being pressed to the back of his head.

     "Eva?" Kyle called out on his earpiece. "You were right. Time to go loud," Kyle told her before he whipped his elbow into the guy behind him, knocking him right in his nose. He turned quickly and tackled the guy onto the floor, punching him in the cheek and knocking him out. The guys Kyle saw outside quickly ran into the room to see what all the noise was and Kyle had already hidden himself behind a desk, setting up the gun in his wrist.

     Kyle took a deep breath, then stood straight up as he shot his wrist gun into the guys that ran into the room, hitting them all square in the chest. With the nonlethal rounds he had loaded, the gunmen all got launched back into the wall with loud thuds, their bodies hunching over as they slid to the ground, as Kyle ran out the door and climbed out of a window to the ground floor.

     As an alarm rang throughout the building, Eva looked around while she covered her ears. She walked towards one of the doors, only to be stopped by several guards that ran towards her. She didn't speak a word as she pulled out a pistol and fired in their direction, running out of the door in the process running up the stairs to find a better place to hide for a moment.

 They only meant to quietly watch them until a sniper caught them and forced the two of them into action. Kyle was dealing with several guys on the ground while Eva was busy running on the top floor as the ground beneath her collapsed. One of the agents had detonated something under the building and the whole thing was coming down.

     "Kyle, I'm running out of floor and options up here!" Eva shouted over her earpiece as she ran to one of the last rooms.

     "Eva, I don't have a plan!" Kyle shouted back as he dealt with the last guard. "There's no way I'm going to make it to you all the way down here before the building is completely gone!" Kyle looked up at the building, but he caught a glimpse at something in the sky and he smirked. "Eva, you're going to have to jump."