Chapter 2: Encounter

Fang had made his way into Silver Streak City slowly after following a lead on what he thought was a possible ally of Dr. Langfield, Acid, and all he found were several dead ends. After hitting yet another one and finding nothing but property that was sold and abandoned, he knocked over several empty glass bottles. The sound of them knocking into each other and falling over echoed through the empty walls, before Fang heard the sound of a pistol being cocked. His eyes widened and he raised his hands slowly.

     "That's it, no funny moves," A voice called out behind him and Fang heard several footsteps following after the voice. "Turn around and drop whatever you got on you." Fang said nothing as a smirk rose onto his lips and he turned around slowly, looking at the group. He counted six guys, all thuggish looking with tank tops and tattoos all over their bodies. Fang had his parasites around his neck, all three disguised as dog tags at the moment.

     "All I got are these tags," Fang said with a fake scared voice. "Please just let me go." The group all moved closer and began to circle him. Fang dropped his act as he said, "Well, I tried playing nice." Immediately, the parasites covered his entire body and he rushed them all. He took them all off their feet with a tendril that whipped at their knees, and all the thugs hit the concrete floor. At least, he thought he got them all before he heard a pistol cock and he felt the metal barrel against his head.

    "Got you, fucker," The thug said, his finger around the trigger. Before he could pull it, the thug was launched onto his side and when Fang turned around to look, he saw the thug clutching what looked like a bone that was shot into his hip.

     "Need a hand, parasite boy?" A friendly voice called out to Fang and he looked to see an old friend of his standing in the open garage like door.

     "Jace fucking X," Fang called out with a laugh. "What a surprise to see you here. Aren't you supposed to be home in Draken City?" He asked Jace as he knocked a thug against a wall.

     "Nah," Jace replied as he kicked a thug in the stomach and tossed him aside. "Didn't end so well over there, so I left. Met a girl though."

     "Ooh, is she nice?" Fang asked as the two of them both hit the same thug in the back.

     "Of course," Jace answered and he punched another thug right in the nose. "You think I would've gotten with her if she wasn't?"

     "Well, I don't know much about your love life," Fang said with one final kick to the last thug. "But good to see that you can balance a relationship in all this." He looked around and saw the bodies all on the floor. "Wow. We really did a number on them, didn't we?"

     "Hell yeah." Jace laughed as he held up his fist, which Fang met with his own.

     "So how did you even find me out here?" Fang asked and he walked out of the building.

     "I was on my way home and I heard some chaos stirring. Figured I'd jump in and get some exercise in before I got home." Jace stretched his arms over his head and he pocketed his hands into his jacket pockets afterwards. "Definitely felt good on the arms." He chuckled. "Hey listen, it was cool seeing you Fang, but I gotta head back." Jace pulled out a piece of crumbled paper from his pocket and a pen, writing an address onto it. "It's not a permanent address, but it's home for now. You ever wanna catch up again, come on over. I'll catch you later man." Jace turned the other way Fang was headed and he disappeared around the corner.

     Fang took the paper before Jace had left and he put it in his own pocket, then began to head down the street. He still had at least one more address to check out, but he didn't get very far as he saw a shadow creep up to him through an alleyway. Fang turned his head and saw the shadow step into the light, a very familiar face showing itself.