Chapter 5: Leisure

Fang moved as fast as he could as he ran to where he remembered the apartment complex to be at. He saw a trail of destruction leading toward it and all he could react with was a quiet, "Shit..." He ran to the complex and stayed out of sight. He heard the sound of wind picking up and he looked up, hearing fast movement.

     "I'm not finding her anywhere," He heard Adrenaline Rush say. "We sure she's still in this shit hole?"

     "This is based off of Langfield's information," He heard Blackout answer. "Just keep looking." Fang kept silent and waited to hear the two spread apart, then climbed up the stairs. He looked at the numbers on the doors and looked for the correct one, then he quietly but quickly knocked.

     "Please be there, please be there, please be there," He muttered to himself as he waited while keeping his head ducked down. The door opened and he saw Amy standing right in the doorway, her hair a mess as if she had just woken up.

     "Fang??? What are you--" Fang put a hand to her mouth and pushed her back in the apartment, closing the door behind them and he looked out the peephole. He moved his hands away from her as he made sure the coast was clear. "When I said I expected you to visit, this is not exactly what I had in mind."

     "Sorry," He said with a hushed tone as he kept looking outside. "Lock all your windows, now," He commanded her and he raised his fists, two of his parasites covering either fist to give extra armor and strength. Amy came back to the front door and froze when she saw Fang.

     "Honestly, it still sends chills down my spine to see you do that," She whispered as she stepped behind him. "What's exactly happening right now?"

     "Remember when I told you I had a sort of second home?" Fang asked her and she nodded. "Well, that home is sort of under attack and they're targeting you right now."

     "I seriously wish Jackson was the worst thing I had to deal with..." She muttered, but stopped when she heard footsteps approach. The door broke open and Fang moved right in front of Amy on instinct.

     "Nice place you got here," Blackout said as he stepped inside. "How much is the rent?" He looked at Fang and smirked. "Ah, the Parasite Master himself. How... expected of you." Adrenaline Rush ran right in and knocked Fang against the wall.

     "Evening," He said with a grin. "How's the missus doing?" He asked and looked at Amy. "Speak of the Devil." He dropped Fang and turned his attention to Amy. "Allow me to introduce myself. I'm the guy who's gonna kill your boyfriend."

     "Didn't work last time, asshole," Fang said between his teeth and the parasites grabbed onto his legs, clamping down. Adrenaline Rush groaned in pain and collapsed as the parasites restricted the feeling in his legs. "Can't run now," Fang said, but he felt a shock as Blackout put his hand around his throat. Fang coughed as he couldn't breathe, as well as feeling the lightning shocks going through his body. Blackout was ready to snap Fang's neck, but someone grabbed his head by the ears.

     "How about you let my friend go?" Amp questioned and vibrated his hands, sending volumes of sound right into Blackout's Eardrums. The frequency getting louder, higher pitched, and more painful as they hit Blackout's ears, the pain so great that he dropped Fang to the ground to move his hands up to his ears. Amp jumped over him and pointed to his ears as he said, "I'd get those checked if I were you. Don't wanna get Tinnitus now, do we?" He then sent his fist into Blackout's jaw, sending a concussive blast into him and launching the villain out of the apartment. Amp turned to Fang and helped him up. "You alright man?"

     "I'm just fine. Glad you showed up when you did," He said and he looked at Amy, who seemed to freeze in place. "Oh, right. Amp, this is Amy. Amy, this is Amp." Before Amp could say anything, Fang cut in with, "And don't try anything, she's taken." Amp put his hand down and looked at the floor, defeated. "Look, I really hate to do this Amy, and I wouldn't do this under any other circumstance, but--"