18

After hugging the hobbit, Raine set off to find the other dwarves of the Company.

She found Fili and Kili last, laughing as they tackled her in a hug. "Easy, there," she said. "I'm still hurt."

They pointed her in the final dwarf's direction.

"How is he?" she asked softly.

"He regrets what he said to you," Kili replied. "He's more... faded?"

Raine nodded and thanked them before moving to the direction they pointed in. Just as she was about to reach Thorin, music started and she was sweot away from him by dancing couples.

She huffed in annoyance and walked over to where Gandalf watched with a small smile.

He glanced at her.

"I was wondering when you would appear," he said. "It is much like Guardians to vanish like that."

She smiled. "I was simply waiting for the right moment, Gandalf," she retorted.

She found Thorin in the centre of the dancing dwarves and elves and humans and made up her mind. "Please excuse me," she said, nodding to the wizard before moving to the refreshments table.

She took a goblet of ale and downed it, burbing inwardly in a very un-lady-like, very Guardian-like, fashion before joining the dancers.

They continuously spun in circles and clapped and broke into partners only to remake the circle to a constantly increasing tempo until finally the song ended and Raine and Thorin stood in front of each other.

He stared at her. "Azog stabbed you."

Raine shrugged. "We has bad aim."

A smile broke onto Thorin's face as he reached up to touch her cheek. "Lucky me, then," he said, standing on his toes to kiss her.

Cheers erupted around them and several of the Company whistled.

She blushed deeply, shooting the twins in particular laughing glares.

Fili and Kili grinned at each other, starting to prance around the two in some sort of dance. The rest of the Company joined in and soon the rest of the dwarves present, too.

Thorin laughed happily.

"What's so funny?" Raine asked, feeling him entertwine their fingers.

He looked up at her with a smirk. "This is a traditional dance the mountain dwarves do when there is a marrige expected."

He stiffened suddenly, realizing what his Company meant. He shot the twins a look.

Raine stiffened too, though her gaze locked on the door.

Without warning, she let go of Thorin's hand and pressed through the crowd. Just as she was about to reach the door, the flash of white vanished.

She growled in the back if her throat and ran across the emerald bridge of Erebor.

She dodged when a blade slammed into the ground in front of her. "You just had to not die, didn't you?" she muttered in orc.

Azog snarled. "I could say the same to you."

Raine rolled her eyes, placing a hand on her hip. "You know? I'm getting really tired of seeing you pop up everywhere."

She tugged the knife from the neckline of her dress and threw it at the orc.

He fell to his knees, eyes glassing over for the final time. The momentum of his fall caused the defiler to roll over the side of the bridge and into the river below.

Raine glared after him. "And stay dead!" she shouted.