Chapter 3

"Why'd you call me here? I'm sleepy.", she says literally whining.

"Where's your uncle and isn't there anyone else who lives in this house?" I ask.

"1. My uncle has gone to New York right now. 2. His wife is there too so they're having this little tiny weekend to themselves and we're the only ones in the house." she says.

"Hmmm. Okay. Now get lost. I need to sleep. Bubye. Good night." I say bluntly.

"Okay. Bye. Good night", she says.

After she goes, I take a quick shower and change into my PJs. I pull the covers over me and fall asleep almost instantly.

*******

I wake up to the sound of my alarm. It is 8:30 am. The sun rays are wading through the curtains. The room looks beautiful. The sun rays mix with the cream coloured walls and it feels as if there is a chandelier which is spreading light in the room.
Someone is knocking on the door. I open the door to see Anne.

"Come to the dining room by 9 am Ma'am" she says politely with a smile.

"Zara" I correct her.

She nods and leaves.

I go to the bathroom, do my business and come out. I wear a black tank top and ombre jean shorts, an Avicii band and dark blue flip-flops.

I go downstairs to see Emma already at the dining table eating chocolate pancakes. We both absolutely love chocolate pancakes.

I see that Emma is eating rather shabbily and chocolate sauce is on her cheeks and chin. A small smile finds its way on my lips.

"Good Morning" I greet everyone with a grin.

"Good Morning, Ma'am" say Anne and Milan.

"Hey. I told you guys to call me Zara!" I say a little angrily.

"Morning", Emma says with her mouth full.

I smile and we both eat in silence as we are very busy with the pancakes. I ask her the plans for today and she suggests we should check out the Bayfront Park. I agree.

*******

This park is totally beautiful, honestly. There are already SO many people here. And the park isn't even full. There are going to be 200,000 people here tomorrow.

I glance towards the mainstage. It is so big. Suddenly Emma taps me on my shoulder and pulls me out of my trance. She is running suddenly and laughing at me. I understand what she is doing and start running behind her laughing, too. There is a restaurant across the park and we are going to have lunch there. She is running towards that restaurant. If she reaches first then I will have to pay for her food as well as mine and if I reached then vice versa.

"Run, bitch! RUN!" Emma screams.

I put a finger on my lips indicating her to be quiet. I am still laughing.

Until...

I suddenly bump into something. More like someone.

The person is like a brick wall or something. So freaking hard. It feels like I ran into a wall and the wall doesn't even seem to have been much affected.

I am now on the ground. This hurts. I groan and try to sit up. There are two faces I can see. One is Emma and the other one is...

Nicky Romero.