Chapter 5: Talking to cooter

After the boys left I came down stairs with cooter. I changed into a baby blue button up shirt, with a pink undershirt, short shorts, and lace up brown boots. When i finally got down cooter said "well there's the girl I remember!"

I smile then look back "Don't worry their gone, they drove off awhile ago. (I knotted) Now tell me one thing . . . . Why didn't you come down when the boys were here?"

"I don't know I guess I wasn't ready to see them again!"

"Wasn't ready to see them or wasn't ready to see bo?"

I said "Bo" in a whisper.

"Thought so! Now why's that?( I didn't answer) Come on you always have an answer for me!"

"Because I still have feelings for him, i don't know if he still has feeling for me, and i don't have the things that he gave me anymore. I didn't want him to see me without them!"

"I promise you one thing he still loves you, he wouldn't go out with another girl and where are they?"

"Really!? (Cooter knotted) my . . . . My step sister threw them in a wood chipper!"

"Let me guess Sarah? ( I knotted) Well bo won't hold that against you. Just tell him what happened like you just told me!"

"Ok . . . ."

"Now would you like to come with me to the dukes party tonight? (I knotted) Good I wasn't going to let you stay here alone anyway!" I smiled.

For the rest of the hours tell an hour before the time of the party. I helped cooter work on cars which made me to where I needed to change again before heading to the dukes party. On break after helping him for awhile, i walked around hazzard for awhile. I saw a really pretty country dress in the window of reuhbottoms. I didn't have anything that I really wanted to wear to see the dukes again after a long time then cooter said "what's taking so long my princess?"

"Cooter!"

"I know I know don't call you princess! Now are you going to answer my question?"

"I can't find anything I really want to wear to see the dukes again."

"Well how about this? I saw you when you were walking around, looking at that blue dress in reubottoms. How about I get it for you?"

"Cooter you don't have to!"

"I'm going to! Think of it as a welcome home present." Cooter ran over to reubootoms and bought that dress brang it back to me.

"Thanks cooter how much was it?"

"Don't worry about that and go put it on!"

"Ok . . . ." I said happily. I went back to second floor and put it on. Then came back down ,

"Well look how pretty you are in that!"

"Thank you cooter!"

"Anytime sapphire, now lets go!"

We headed toward the Duke farm.