Crossroads

Jax doesn't know what he is upset about more. The fact Opie was killed by his own club or the fact he didn't even suspect it. He doesn't even have the doubt to question what Kennedy told him because he knows that she wouldn't ever say something like this unless she knew it was to be absolutely true. As he thinks back to these last 6 months from Opie's release to now, he just knows it is true.

When Opie and his family got taken by the Feds, Tig was the only one openly accusing – suggesting – the possibility that Opie turned a rat. Jax was angry at the time and was willing to fight Tig for the accusation, but he knew that Tig was coming from a place because of his love for the club. However, Opie had come to the club as soon as he was released and told the club what Stahl was trying to do. And most likely as soon as Opie walked out the door Tig and Clay planned his death behind the club's back.

As the pieces fall together it makes sense as days before Opie's death the Niners ambushed a drop-off between them and the Mayans, one that Opie was involved in.

And as Kennedy said if a rival gang member were to target anyone it wouldn't be Opie. Jax also believes a rival gang wouldn't risk harming an innocent woman either.

There was also the fact that when he was bent on killing that Mayan to avenge Opie, Tig had shot the man in the jaw claiming the man's guilt, but after that, after tagging the man a Sons' kill and Tig volunteered to handle the body tagged it a Niner's kill.

He tries to think about how Tig has been acting, but Jax never was one to hang out with Tig for a long period of time. The man didn't seem any different outside of his constant companion of a beer bottle.

Jax also thinks about Clay. He can say the relationship between him and his stepfather hasn't changed since Opie's passing. There was a little more urging for him to be focused more on the gun business and Clay having him being in charge of runs and overseeing the assembly of the guns. But there was the fact his stepfather blackmailed Oswald without consulting him.

He can say Clay has been tenser lately.

And Jax can admit to the feeling of always being watched by him. But the glaringly obvious fact was his meddlesome mother. He didn't think anything of it as she was always nosy especially when it came to his relationships, but her constant stream of questions and worries about him and Kennedy made sense. She and Clay were worried about what Kennedy knew and most likely what Kennedy could tell him.

It all hits him that his mother knew what Clay and Tig had done. She sat there and probably comforted Clay after killing Opie. She comforted him as he mourned his best friend. Jax pulls over his bike and empties his stomach.

It all hits him as he thinks about the manuscript that Piney gave him to change things.

Jax heaves as his stomach cleanses itself as it burns his throat. His eyes water from the acid in his stomach and the truth of his best friend's murder that is growing like a tumor in his brain.

He thinks about Kennedy and how she kept this truth from him. Since Opie's passing, she kept this between her, Donna, and Piney. Every day, she lied to him. All those talks about Opie and how much they missed him and not once did she ever give the illusion that she knew who really murdered her brother even after he went to her house that night he killed that Mayan. God, he wants to be angry at her for keeping this from him. He feels he has the right to be angry at her. But her words float through his mind at her reasoning for keeping it from him for almost 6 months.

Because I knew it would break your heart. She said with no hesitation, no quiver in her voice, as she spoke the truth. He recalls how the tears began slipping from her eyes as she said this. How he knew she wanted to reach out to him, but she kept her distance and stayed silent as she stared at him. But he couldn't find it in himself to look at her and he didn't as he went to his bike and drove away from her.