Ch. 4: Found and Struck a Nerve

Demon's POV

"What! She's missing too! How?" Velma asked.

"She disappeared in the Hall of KISStory. Except we know how." Star explained.

"Through a hatch in the floor." I continued. "It closed and turned solid before we could follow."

"Could they be in the catacombs?" Fred asked.

"I don't think so. I don't remember any part of the catacombs running under the Hall." Ace chimed in. "None at all."

"I guess we are looking for two people now."

"Flare!"

"Daphne!"

"Come on guys." The rest of the gang walked off leaving Cat, Ace, Star, and I behind.

"She just disappeared?" Cat turned toward me.

"More like found a trap door, investigated, and fell through."

"Just like that?" We both nodded.

"Flare! Daphne!" We all looked in the gangs direction. They seemed to have found something. We followed them and heard yelling.

Flare's POV

"That sounded like Shaggy." I looked at Daphne. "Shag! We're here! Guys!" We went to the area we heard them. "It's a man hole."

"But we're not in a sewer." She shrugged.

"Down here guys!" 

"Daphne? Flare?" Fred voice rung out.

"Yes we're here!" Daphne yelled out. The cover was moved off and revealed the rest of the gang.

"Boy are we glad to see you." A small sound came from behind me. No one else heard it somehow. "And not a moment to soon." I whispered.

"Give me a boost Flare." Fred was reaching down as I gave Daph a boost. They pulled her up and out of the way. Demon came into view.

"Need a hand?" He smirked.

"That would be preferable." He reached down and I smiled. "Catch me." I jumped up and reached for him. I grabbed his wrist and he grabbed mine.

"No problem." He pulled me up and out of the hole. He helped me onto my feet. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah just confused." I looked down at the hole. A feeling washed over me. "Something wasn't right down there."

"How so?" He lent down and moved the cover back over the hole.

"Dark, dangerous." He stood up straight and looked at me. I kept my eyes on the hole. "I don't like it. It reminds me of the feeling I had..." I stopped mid sentence. I tried to shake the feeling off.

"What feeling?" I looked at him.

"Nothing. It's nothing. Don't worry about it." I turned and walked away. I ran a hand through my hair. "That was close." I whispered.

"What happened to you two?" Velma asked. I looked at Daphne.

"Well, I fell down that shaft and wandered around down there until I was cornered by a shadow. Then Flare came along."

"A shadow?"

"Yeah. But then it disappeared with a flash of light." She looked confused. "Where did that light come from? Flare?" My head shot back to her. I stiffened and shook my head.

"I don't know." I looked away and saw KISS staring at me. "What?" I snapped. I started to walk away from everyone and took a big breath. I pulled put the necklace from under my shirt. I looked it over and sighed. I continued on walking.

Demon's POV

We all looked after Flare as she walked away. 

"Don't take it to heart." I turned and saw Daphne. "She just gets...overwhelmed and annoyed sometimes. I don't know if you saw but she pulled out a necklace? It belonged to her bestfriend."

"Why does she have it?"

"Because that best friend passed away." Daphne said.

"And Flare's never been the same since." Fred added. I looked back to her direction to see had walked far off. "She used to be very bright and fun-loving."

"But she always tries to keep her temper under control. She usually can but there are those times..." Shag trailed off and looked to Scooby.

"I understand." I walked toward Flare's figure. "I completely understand."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Authors note: I'm sorry this is a short chapter! I hope you're enjoying this and the other stories so far! Reminder I do not own any of the pictures or gifs, credit to owners. ~ Nights Legacy