Ch. 10: Proof

"That is impossible!"

"This kind of stuff doesn't exist!"

"Guys. Just calm down. Please!" Daphne was trying to calm Fred and Velma down. I sighed and looked at Shag and Scoob. They were standing there slightly shaking with fear. I turned back to the others.

"This is not going to end well." Cat muttered. I bit my lip. Their rantings started to grow louder. My eyes dart to each of them. Finally having enough, I took a big breath and threw my hand out.

"Enough!" I screamed. Everything went silent. Tiny balls of light, almost like stars, floated around the room. The gang were standing their shocked.

"Flare?"

"What...?" I took a step forward.

"This is very possible." I twirled my hand slowly and the lights danced. "I have powers of my own. I have the power to control light and shadows." I glanced back at Demon. He stepped forward and placed his hand on my back.

"It's okay." He whispered.

"I have told no one. No one since...River. Not even my parents. And the only reason I'm telling you is because...someone showed me that I have been making my powers stronger. And now, this time, I feel like I can be sure that you'll be safe."

"Why wouldn't we be safe?" Velma asked.

"Because I had told River about my powers right before he died. I feel like it was my fault."

"Oh Flare." That wasn't your fault. It was that maniac driver." Daphne came forward.

"We know you would have done anything to save him if there was a way." Shaggy commented.

"We're glad you can trust you with this." Fred said. "This may be a lot to take in but it does make sense. We always had a feeling you weren't exactly normal."

"Nope." I kind of laughed. We fell into a comfortable silence.

"Now that this is known, bonds are sure to grow." Chikara said. "I hate to break this up but we have a major problem." We all looked at her. She was still holding onto herself but now was looking out the window.

"What is it exactly?" Fred asked. Chikara looked at us.

"Lethal has returned and from the bits and pieces I just saw, these next few days are going to be filled with darkness."

"There was something that he said. That this plan he has, has already been set in motion, long long ago." Star said. "What could he mean by that?"

"And what does the Crimson Witch have to do with it? From memory, back when those two were both at large all those years ago, they hated each other." Catman said out loud. I went and joined Chikara by the window. I glanced outside. The sun was just starting to set.

"I may know a way to find out." I interjected. They all turned to me. I glanced at them then back out the window. I smirked and could feel my normal-self come back. "We go back down to that forgotten area of the catacombs."

"What? Why?" Ace asked. I shared a look with Chikara. She nodded and pulled out the charm from before. I held it up to the light and showed it to them. "Because I have a feeling that this John Kain and Lethal are one in the same person."

"Who?" Velma asked.

"We'll explain on the way." Starchild said. "Let's go." We all went out the door and walked to the manhole cover that they pulled Daphne and I out of. Demon lifted the cover off and looked at us.

"Are we really going to go down there?" Shag asked as Scooby hid behind them.

"Yes Shag. We are." Fred said. "Unless you're to chicken." The two turned in a huff.

"Would you do it for a Scooby snax?" I asked. They shook their heads. Daphne handed me the box from her purse. "How about 3 Scooby Snax...each?" They turned around completely and nodded furiously. "Okay. Now, here you go." I threw them just over the hole. They jumped and caught them. Only then did they realize they were over the hole.

"Oh no. Zoinks!"

"Relp!" They screamed as the fell.

"Well don't just stand there. Come on!" I jumped and went through the hole. The rest followed.

"It's so dark down here."

"I can fix that." I waved my hand in a circle motion and I ball of light appeared. "Hold out your hands gang." They gang did and I separated the light into each of their hands.

"Well that's handy." Shag said.

"Reah. Randy." Scoob said as he help the light in his tail.

"It was this way." Daphne said and walked that way.

"If you see a place that looks like the TMNT lair, you've found it." I said with a laugh. We came to a fork in the tunnels.

"Well this is where we split up." Fred said. Suddenly, I felt two presences behind me. I looked behind me to see Shag and Scoob.

"Haha. We'll go with Flare." Shag said. I rolled my eyes and shook my head but accepted.

"We'll go with them as well." Demon and Cat stepped forward.

"Wait what if another shadow comes up?" Daphne asked me. I smiled.

"Daph, I think you'll be fine." I motioned to the two KISSterians with them. She blushed and we split. We walked for a few more minutes. Demon was ahead of us and Cat was behind us. Nothing was looking familiar. That was until the floor gave way.

"Zoinks!"

"Holy!" Shag and I yelled as we and Scoob slid down. Demon and Catman caught themselves in flight. We slid down and into the same place I did earlier. Not only that but we slid into the rest of the gang landing in a pile.

"Ow." We groaned as Demon and Cat landed next to the other two.

"Some help you were." I said. "Now whoever is on my back, get off!" I felt them scramble off of me.

"Sorry Flare." I turned over and slightly glared at Fred. Then I looked around. I got up and waved my hand again, creating another ball. I shot it into the air above us, illuminating the room.

"Well this is the place. But it looks a lot different."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I do not own any of the pictures and/or gifs unless otherwise said, credit to owners ~ Nights Legacy