Chapter 2: Alliance (1)

Wounded from the battle with Ardan, Samuel knows that he can not triumph alone. There are limitations for what a man can do. Just the Stormlord has already gave him a run for his life, not mention the Stormqueen whose power is even greater than his.

From this time, an alliance must be formed, between those with or without the same intention like Samuel.

"It seems like I have to do this in the old fashion way."

He gets to Valeria's shop and treats his injuries. The second reason he came here however, is getting some intel.

"Do you know any people who can risk their lives?" - Samuel asks

"Trying to do something against the law again?"

"It's none of your business, just get me a few names. If not, I'll be on my way."

"If you run into trouble like that, it's just the matter of time that you'll get hurt again. The thing is, luck is not always on your side so I'd not advise you to pursue things by yourself again. I know some names that can help you, but whether they are willing to follow you or not is none of my concern." - Valeria takes out a piece of old leather and starts writing.

"Here, follow these instructions and you will find them. Remember, be careful!" - She leaves the leather there and walks away.

A few days later, Samuel sets foot on his journey to find teammates.

This is rather go against his rule since the only people he's been working with are the Grangors, Lyra and Lance. It's quite difficult to get along with someone else when they can become disappointments at the final second. But this time, he'll ensure that it won't happen again.

**********

"Have you ever heard of the incident where 'the golden egg of mech industry' was stolen from its nest? That's your first target. An orphan names Joule has what appears to be 'a new line of war machines'. It'd be quite devastating to have her as an ally. However, she doesn't seem to be working with anybody, try to talk her out. Her 'toys' is not something like a pocket knife so you can be able to pinpoint her easily. Watch out for rocket engine noise." - said Valeria on the leather piece.

It's actually no problem finding Joule. There is an abandoned warehouse near the north seaside where people living around report on 'unusual noise'.

When Samuel comes in, the place is like there has just been a World War III going on inside. Wooden crates are shattered and tossed around the room, and small debris of bricks scattered on the floor. The walls were covered with holes. And at the far end of the house he sees a young girl with pink hair, wearing an engineer clothes, surrounded by her peers, probably are orphans as well .

"What the hell is she riding?" - first thought came to Samuel's mind when he saw the metal contraption.

"So this is the 'toys' she mentioned! This thing can take serious impact by the looks of its armor and to the view of this place, its offensive capabilities is no where less."

"Come on, why isn't it working?"

"Excuse me my friend, are you the mech thief everybody's been talking about a lot recently?" - Samuel walks slowly towards Joule.

"What? Who? Me? Wait, are you after my sweet heart? Hm....you don't look like one of those angry soldiers from that big tower. So....who are you again?"

"I am a fugitive who try to claim back the righteous of my hometown, but you can call me Samuel."

"Fugitives huh.... Oh so you're an outlaw, like a thief, like me. Uh hum, no, I'm not a thief, I didn't steal anything, you can't take him away from me."