Extra story: Deflagrate

"Samuel? What is wrong with you?"

As she was saying that, his eyes turned deep red. Figures and outlines suddenly appeared all over his body, liked some kind of cursed mark.

"Celeste....run....now! Rrraaaghhhh!"

A chanting field was drawn out beneath his feet, lights emitted from the circle made it hard for Celeste to gain sight on what was happening. Soon after, the field erupted, causing a massive explosion to the area they're standing.

While Celeste was recovering from the shockwave, Samuel emerged from the debris, looking at every corner in his surroundings.

Not because he felt sorry for having damaged the land, no, this was an action of a predator searching for a prey. The marks covering his body a few moment ago glowed with purple light. A distinct aura could be felt – an aggressive, blood thirsty aura.

Every senses were telling Celeste that this was not the Samuel she once knew, that this was something very dangerous.

It finally laid sight on Celeste, without hesitation, fired a lightning bolt to where she was lying. Luckily, she was able to spot its intention and dodge the attack.

"I don't know who or what you are, but I warn you: Leave this body right now! I have powers and I'll use it if necessary!" – Celeste pointed her scepter to the being currently possessed Samuel's body.

It showed no responds besides growling. Seemingly no ways to talk with this monster, she summoned three orbs forming into an equilateral triangle around Samuel.

"If I can't talk you out, I'll force you out!"

*snap*

With a light tap to the ground, all three orbs shook violently and burst out with cosmic energy. The explosion was not comparable to the previous one, but enough to make someone unconscious.

Surprisingly, when the field of view was cleared, three souls was dangling on Samuel's body acting as some kind of human shield. In respond to her spell, Samuel placed both of his hand on the ground, five circles was created respectively around him. And inside those circles, emerged from the ground were horrifying monsters each with different looks.

One was wearing a full set of armor, sword and shield like a warrior but could see a skull remaining inside its helmet.

One had four arms and two horns with bright red flames burning on its head.

One held a chained blade that used to whip around.

This seemed like his own legion from the Nether realm.

Celeste raised up her scepter, the sky once covered in the light orange of late afternoon, then colored by heavy crimson spiral. Ribbons of cloud circulated around one point. Soon, ten to dozens of energy rays spurred out from that center. When all five minions rushed towards Celeste, five projectiles launched directly through them, making their entrance a mere child's play.

The sky was still dipped in deep red like the color of his eyes, the eyes that still had its gaze on Celeste, even more furious than before. He pulled out both of his wands and summoned a drifting zone, anywhere it passed by came crawling with underworld spirits. Malice and Verdict also got enhanced with Nether essence while he's in it.

But as soon as he activated it, a projectile landed right beside him. Somehow, the mark on his body was protecting him from physical harm as it glowed anytime he received damage.

Not backing down, Celeste continued to drop meteoric fragments on the direction of the drifting zone. Samuel also fired with Malice and Verdict rapidly with each blast detonated a small explosion that shattered parts of the ground but Celeste could counter it by consistently dodging and clashing two projectiles together.

The forces from both Celeste and Samuel's magic was not something the ground could hold, as a few minutes of heavy fire, it split in half.

Unfortunately, the crack formed right under Celeste's feet. Without any warning, she lost her balance and fell, dropping her scepter. Two hands were the only things she used to hang on the cliff, trying her best not to descend further.

Then, a figure appeared on the edge, looking down at her with hunger. And for the first time:

"Your power is extraordinary, like this one but I've never seen such destruction before. With you as my host, I can bring death to every corner of the surface and even the ascend, I only require your cooperation!"

"Rejected!"

"I thought so!"

As it spoke, half of mark began to shrink to the center of Samuel's chest. And from it, a hand started to come out, trying to reach to Celeste's heart. With no scepter and both hands were busy keeping her from going to the other side, it seemed that there's no way to stop this besides killing herself before it got to her.

But then, she noticed that one of Samuel's eyes had became normal.

"With the power of the cosmic in my hand, no one shall question my rightful rule of this land!"

"Samuel! Now!"

One of Samuel's arm was functional again and grabbed the devil's hand by the wrist, followed by chanting word "Daka!". He immediately got knocked back, giving Celeste an opportunity to climb up. What awaited her was the sight of Samuel desperately trying to contain himself from drawing the wand.

"Do it, Celeste! Use your spell on me while I can still have some control over my body!"

"But.....you could be killed!"

"If I die but save a person that I care about, then it's fine! ...Rrrghh, hurry up, I can't hold it much longer!"

Celeste pulled up all her bravery and performed one defining spell. The same powerful spell that she used when she recruited him into the resistant. As so, she opened her palm.

"This is the only spell strong enough to take it down for good. Sorry, Samuel!"

A bright light emitted from the battlefield, after that was only silence.