Chapter 11: Second encounter

"What is it, Samuel?"

"It's....... Glaive, you take everything we've already got back to Celeste."

"What about you?"

"Don't worry, I'll be back soon enough."

The prisoner's holder is massive, to say that it's the biggest construction here is not entirely false. Rows of people seen earlier are being escorted to that building, with each of them have their hands neutralized by some sort of locks that prevents them from using any kind of weapons or magic.

Among those people, Lyra is directed to one of the cells with another group of prisoners, where they're watched by two Stormguards in front.

Out of nowhere, black smoke risen from the floor, confusing and distracting the guards at the same time. A voice whispered inside Lyra's head: "Lead them to freedom!"

When she looks behind, all of locks installed on the prisoners have been disabled. In addition, various weapons and magic items are dropped from the floor without any warning.But from the sight that there's some darkness on the ceiling and the voice she's just heard, Lyra already knows who is involved.

Those prisoners get into a panic at first, but then some are wide enough to take the upper advantages of this situation.

Two Stormguards in front are the first victims, then one by one, every cell doors get pried open, realeasing the people locked inside. As soon as they break out, havoc goes along with them. The sound of metal clashing, of magic colliding, shouts of men calling out their enemies echoes throughout every hall.

Stormguards trying to block this mob all get plauded by then unstoppable march of freedom, as if the only thing that's safe are the structures that helps stable this building.

Meanwhile, just outside it, Samuel was hiding behind one of the crates.

"That should be enough!"

As soon as he said it, a blade goes flying and pierces through his hood. Luckily, he manage to move his head in the last split second, so it only makes a scratch underneath his right eye.

"Never thought that you'll have the guts to show up after such a short time" - Selina was standing behind and caught him red handed.

"And I don't expect to see you again this early too!"

Behind them right now, a wreckage can be heard inside, alarming every Stormguards in the vicinity.

"I won't let you escape easily this time!"

"Then I'll just have to take you down right here right now!" - two fighters drawn out their weapons.

"What's all this commotion about, Selina?" - suddenly they hear a man's voice from a distance.

This voice is rather familiar to Samuel, as it reminds him of the first day he stepped foot in this land, his first failure. Ardan slowly emerges behind Selina, with his gauntlet fully charged.

"So you're the one who is responsible for all of these."

"You've got to be kidding me right now....!"

**********

Outside the camp, Glaive reunites with Celeste and Joule.

"Phew, we managed to get a decent amount. I wonder what's the deal in there, I thought the alarm went off because someone noticed us but all of the Stormguards headed elsewhere. Any of you have troubles?"

"Not me, I'm as stealthy as a ninja!" - Joule raises her hand proudly.

"....."

"Glaive, where's Samuel?" - Celeste notices his absent.

Glaive gives no response. Like a habit, Celeste rushes back inside the camp without asking anymore questions.

"Hey! Where're you going?"

"Finding that dirt brain and making him cry out loud because of the pain I'm about to inflict on his poor body!"

"What're we suppose to do now?"

"Take whatever we've got back to base! Go ! And don't wait for me!"

**********

While they were at it, Samuel was receiving a beating of a lifetime from two warlords in the Stormqueen's army. Blows after blows, Samuel can only blocks with his magic defenses. There isn't any room for him to chant his spell during this onslaught of attacks. When Celeste arrives, he's already been spilling blood from his mouth for taking too many hits.

"Ce....leste?"

"Where are you looking at, huh?"

Selina gives him another blow in the stomach, dragging him on the sandy ground before finally immobilizing him in place.

"I'm warning you! Another move and star dust will be the only thing that remains in the next minute...."

By then Celeste realizes the other person Samuel was fighting. Ruby eyes waver. After two years seems very long ago, Father and Daughter finally meet again.

"Celly?...."

"Dad....?"

All feelings rise in the heart, just a word sent out yet drowned by the wind.

While Celeste is confusing and losing focus, Selina suddenly lunges towards her with Kusaragami ready for an impale.

*start*

*clang*

The blade almost thrusts through Celeste's chest, if there wasn't a gigantic axe blocking the way, things would be different.

"I've always been looking for a prey this strong!" - Glaive shows up in the nick of time.

"You? Aren't you guarding the goods?"

"The other one keeps bothering me about leaving you two alone, she keeps saying things like she won't start the truck if I don't go and help you guys!"

"I see...."

With a powerful swing, Glaive pushes Selina back to where she jumped from. Right now, they have evened the number advantages, but only for a few short seconds.

A large number of Stormguards from every direction come flooding in and surround the battlefield sealing all opportunities for an escape. The prisoners are still occupied in the building behind. It seems that there's only one way of getting out of this.

Lying on the ground, being unable to stand up in this situation, Samuel uses every last bit of his strength to draw a enchantment circle in one of his palm with his own coughing blood. Magic which is fused with blood is never a good sign.

"Never thought that I have to use this...."

He chants his spell in silence, raising no attention from the chaos around him right now.

"I am fire...."

"Stormguards! Use whatever it takes to capture the girl alive, she fits the description of the rebellion leader. I don't care about the filthy Grangor!"

".....Fire holds no fear. Fire holds no hesitation..."

"Glaive, buy me some time!"

".....I bestow upon myself an undying wish...."

"There's too many, I can't hold them and protect you at the same time!"

"....TO IGNITE THE FLAME OF GOD'S JUDGEMENT!"