6. Doctor, Doctor...

YooHoo!

- An arbitrary adventure of the nautical variety -

6. "Doctor, Doctor...

...Give me the news, I've got a, bad case of loving you!"

-Robert Palmer

When I regained consciousness (again) my eyes floated upon something entirely different to when I had first woken up- instead of a clear afternoon sky, there was now dull monochrome metal glinting back at me as I squinted through uneasy and blurred vision to get a bearing on my surroundings.  

"Oh, you're awake!" I flinch at the voice; the metal surrounding this whole room reverberates each intonation of the sound, amplifying it and terrifying me into teeny-tiny pieces.  

"Wh-where am I?" I whisper, not wanting to raise my head up and look at the voices owner. 

"You're in our submarine, in the infirmary to be precise- Captain said to bring you down here so he could check for concussion, you whacked your head pretty hard on the deck when you fainted" So I'm stuck in the damn contraption now... why wasn't I in it before, they're pretty stupid for kidnappers... "There was no concussion though just a nice bump on the back of your head." Like that makes me feel any better... 

Sure enough, when I shuffled about a bit, I could tell I was situated on a rickety cot, a thin sterilized sheet covering the lower half of my body, and the lump on my head being irritated when I shifted my skull over the solitary thin pillow provided alongside the sheet. Sniffing the air, the room had a slight tang of iodine and that habitual clinical scent that could pluck the hair out of your nostrils.  

The sound of trundling feet arouses my attention from where it was once observing the room, and my head whips to glance at this other person occupying this medical space. Lo and behold, it's the bi-coloured sunglasses wearing guy from earlier, 'Shachi' or whatever it was... 

"C'mon, if you're awake you can get up; Captain wants to speak to you." I nod but I can feel my lower lip trembling, Shachi notices and his posture softens, "It's not that bad, Captains a nice guy."  

Yeah, you just try and be threatened by the guy and see if you feel the same way afterwards... Recalling what happened before I passed out as the 'Captain' sauntered towards me, with a blade and a talking polar bear- 

"-W-What about t-t-the p-p-p-p-p-polar b-b-bear?!" I half shriek, the racket casing us to wince as it bounces off the quiet walls of the infirmary. 

"Oh, you mean Bepo? He's harmless as long as you don't try anything." 

You don't sound too sure... 

He leads me out of the medical bay and along another dull metal corridor, nodding as we pass others dressed in similar white jumpsuits that Shachi himself is also wearing. I've noticed too, that they are also all wearing hats. Odd kind of people for kidnappers... 

We stop outside of one particular room, down a deep dark hall way, isolated from all civilisations and a decent electricity supply. 

Shachi knocks on the (guess what?) metal door, and a tired 'Come in' is heard from the other side. The door is pushed open, and I am shoved inside, Shachi standing behind me, I guess, so I can't make a break for it.  

"You can leave us Shachi" the man himself says languidly, from where he sits with his feet propped up on a desk, crossing his arms about his chest as he reclines in his seat.