Author's Note

YooHoo! 

- An arbitrary adventure of the nautical variety - 

Authors Note

Disclaimer: I do not own One Piece, all rights go to Eiichiro Oda, and the companies that air and publish the anime, manga or sell related merchandise. Any items marked with a '©' I also do not own, all rights go to the respective owners of the item. I do however own my OC's (In order of appearance) Aiko Smith, Gary, Rowena Smith, Jan, The leopard print fetish guy and Reni, along with menial extras like the lecture classmates and the professor conducting poetry lectures, the cover art is also mine and was created by myself.

Hello all!

YooHoo! was originally posted on FanFiction.net under the psuedonym 'Yuilhan'. It is my first, and probably only One Piece fan fiction that I will write. YooHoo! was posted on the 7th April 2014, after a seven week drafting period. (Yes, I'd been writing this sucker throughout my free periods at college and in my spare time. Over the weekend before it was originally published I put in a huge amount of time writing the last few chapters and proofreading.)

I've always liked One Piece, because although it's like every other Shonen manga out there (the protagonist fighting alongside their Nakama; for the sake of their Nakama; for what they believe in) the concept is drastically different, the characters are well thought out and have quirky traits of their own that you can't help but love. Plus who doesn't like pirates?

You can't even begin to imagine how many times I had rethought what happens on Aiko's adventure. Heck, Aiko wasn't even going to be called Aiko at the start. She would have been a Sarah, something mundane to go with her mundane life. Then it got upgraded to Lorelai, something more exotic and hinting towards the sea.  

Aiko's adventure also began in Shells Town, trailing after the Straw Hat crew. But that changed drastically, and did everyone like my decision to lumber Rayleigh into this?  

I'm sorry if there are a few mistakes. Like I do with all of my fics, I proofread them myself, and sometimes I will miss something, no matter how meticulous I am. If you do find something, please don't hesiate to drop me a message so I can fix it.

I'd like to say a thank you to my friend who may go by Kera (Yes, you know who you are...) for keeping me calm when I messaged her about my world limit exceeding what I wanted it to originally be by miles (10,000 was the target but that doubled... I've made so much work for myself...) YooHoo! Was also originally going to be published as one long length of prose, but I know how strenuous that can be on the eyes, and as the story grew longer, I decided to chop it up into bite-sized chapters instead. 

Although this is the end of the main story, a series of Omake will be published. If you have any unanswered questions concderning the story, and wish to request a specific Omake, just let me know and I can see what I can do.

Anyway, thanks for reading YooHoo! I hope you enjoyed my first attempt at a one piece fic. Don't hesitate to drop me a message- I like to know what you're thinking!

PLAYLIST FOR THIS ONE SHOT: 

(Please note that although on this site I have added a link to some particular songs mentioned in the playlist that I wrote YooHoo! too, Wattpad does not give me the luxury of added more than one video, hence why the full playlist is being published here in my Authors Note.)

1. Nutty 

"Rather be" - Clean Bandit ft. Jess Glynne 

"YooHoo!" - Secret 

"Five colours in her hair" - McFly

2. Thief 

"Toumei Answer" - IA 

"Kagerous Daze" - Hatsune Miku 

3. Gary 

"Whimsical Stardom" - Rib 

"Catallena" - Orange Caramel

4. Puddle Jumper 

"Adventurous Girl & Miniature Garden Game" - CosMo feat Hatsune Miku 

"Renai Yuusha" - GUMi (Produced by Last Note)

5. Submarine 

"Go! Go! Ghost ship!" - Hachioji-P 

"Despair: A Hero's Treatment" - Soraru (Dangan Ronpa endning)

6. Doctor Doctor... 

"Bad case of loving you" - Robert Palmer 

"Akatsuki Arival" - Hatsune Miku and Megurine Luka (Produced by Last Note)

7. Mother 

"Brother" -Fullmetal Alchemist Original Soundtrack 

"Postcards from Italy" - Beirut 

"Only if for a night" - Florence + the Machine 

"Seasonal Feathers" - Kagamine Rin and Len

8. Green Tea and Bubble Bath preferences 

"Walkie-talkie Man" - Steriogram 

"Laboratory" - GUMi and Kagamine Rin (Produced by Giga-P)

9. Sabaody Archipelago 

"Kaimu" - ONE OK ROCK 

"Deadline Circus" - GUMi, Kagamine Len and Kamui Gakupo (Produced by Last Note) 

"The Lost One's weeping" - Kagamine Rin

10. Sadist 

"I know" - Tom Odell 

"Fever" - The Black Keys

11. Lost 

"Addicted to you" - Avicii 

"Thriller" - BTOB 

12. Inharmoniousness  

"Yes" - Acid Black Cherry