11. Lost

YooHoo!

- An arbitrary adventure of the nautical variety - 

11. Lost

"The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries or the way she combs her hair." 

-Audrey Hepburn

After a further two hours of me slowly devouring the food on the plate and Reni having a natter and flashing me an encouraging smile every time I looked like I was going to throw up, Law finally returns, inspects what I've eaten (everything bar a few scraps of meat) grunts in approval and roughly takes my arm and pulls me away from the waving cook who collects my empty dish ad floats pack to his kitchen like an exocet- flower petal. 

Which brings me back to the man pulling on my arm, "Mr Trafalgar..."  

He ignores me and we keep moving, I try tugging my arm out of his grip but he's too strong, "Was it so hard eating all of that food Aiko-Ya?" 

"Mr Trafalgar!" 

"Seriously Aiko-Ya you must be under nourished-" 

"Let go of my arm Law!" I cry as his grasp tightens. 

"Do no tell me what to do, Aiko-Ya. That would be a very dangerous game to play..." 

I can't help but shiver, but it has me wondering, why the sudden change in demeanour, "I'm s-s-sorry, it's j-j-just that you w-were hurting my a-arm..." he lets go at once and beckons for me to follow him to his quarters.  

"I didn't know you had hurt your arm, why did you not tell me earlier in the infirmary?" 

"It d-d-doesn't matter, y-you were holding the place w-where the mark f-formed, and t-that's s-s-still tender..." 

He doesn't say anything, but hold open a door for me to step inside, cautiously observing an isolated bed, dresser and another door with due attention.  

"You took so long to eat that Shachi and Penguin neglected their duties looking after you and had to return to their work in the engine bay. I am already rushed off of my feet without having to babysit you too." A towel is thrown at me and I fumble to catch it, "Through there" he gestures harshly to the other door in the room, "Is my private bathroom. I suggest you shower. Clothes will be left outside the door for you when you are done. Now if you'll excuse me, after I have sorted your clothes I will have business elsewhere to attend to." 

"Ah... T-thank you..." 

"Don't thank me yet, Aiko-Ya, you and I still need to finish our chat from this morning." 

He wanders over to the dresser and pulls open a few draws, rooting thoroughly through items of clothing. Sensing his distraction, I use this opportunity to slip into the bathroom, locking the door behind me and undressing (thankfully not watched by Monkey D. Luffy's dreaded wanted poster) then switching on the shower and submerging under a luxurious spray of heated water.  

Apart from a curious bottle of blue shower gel, there's not much else to wash my skin with other than the water, but that won't essentially make me feel clean. Sighing with no other choice, I scoop the gloopy substance into my open palms, and begin to lather it generously watching the bubbles amount.  

It smells cool and fresh, like a masculine mix of cleanliness and mint, the vibrant scent filling my nostrils as I rinse the lather from my skin and observe dully as it washes away down the drain.