12. Inharmoniousness

YooHoo!

- An arbitrary adventure of the nautical variety - 

12. Inharmoniousness 

"Opposition brings concord. Out of discord comes the fairest harmony" 

-Heraclitus

"I can't sit idly, 

No I can't move at all! 

I curse the name 

The one behind it all" 

-'Discord', Eurobeat Brony

It had been interesting waking up beside someone after such an extended period of sleepless nights and tossing and turning fruitlessly through the sheets.  

Damnit Shachi... he growled internally as his subordinate knocked and hastily entered his room, before realising his insolent mistake of not waiting for permission to enter, discovering something altogether unexpected.  

Trafalgar's eyes narrow at the man, who flushes awkwardly under his glare, "Get. Out." 

The head mechanic leaves almost instantly. 

He found that his growing infatuation with a certain someone had grown, her nondescript presence seemingly keeping the terrors that lurked in the far corners of his mind at bay. He'd slept well, confused when he awoke as to why he couldn't move his hand out of an entangled blue mass and why there was a light pressure on his right ribs, the sleep fogging his intelligence.  

When she shifted closer, soft breaths tickling his bare skin, he refused to squirm away, and closed his eyes, deciding that just for once as the girl had magically made him sleep soundly after all these years, he would procrastinate from his Captain duties. 

Until she woke up that is. 

                                                                 *          *          *

When I next wake up, smushed against what I identify as bare, tanned skin, I suck in a breath- ready to scream to the high heavens about perverts, rape and gosh knows what.  

A hand gently working its way through my hair and the exhalation of a deep rumbling yawn make me question however what kind of situation I've woken up in. Scared, I push away from the person trapping me against their chest, to scrutinise them formally before yelling my head off for help or some form of divine assistance.  

With the tenderest expression I have yet to witness on his face, Trafalagr Law languidly untangles a hand from my twined hair and rubs at his bleary eyes like a child.  

When he notices my observation of his habitual morning routine, the gentle expression melts, uncovering a hardened façade and smirk I'm so use to encountering. 

"Morning, Aiko-Ya." 

"G-Good m-m-morning...?" I think? Discreetly I run a hand against my leg, sighing internally in relief when I feel the rough woven fibres of the leopard spotted jeans he leant me. How awkward would that have been I hadn't? And why isn't he wearing a shirt?!