[1] What's the point?

xxx POV:

It was him in front of me. He seems rather disturbed or somewhat, sad.

"...they all die anyway." He said, with a pissed off looked on his face.

"You don't get it, do you?" I said. "Not everyone leaves, unless it's your bitter end."

Why do we came to this conclusion anyway??

______________

      FLASHBACK
     ________________

I came to the usual park I visit, with my baked cookies sitting on top of my favorite plate. It was colored pink, still looking new like the time I got it. I holded it with care as always, for the plate is a memento from my deceased mother.

The cats would always be there at the same spot, waiting for my arrival.

"Here you go, kitties!" With all my joy poured into what I made, the cats seems to enjoy it more than I do.

This is what makes me happy.

I don't know. But I feel  coming into this place, and...always be here. Waiting for someone...I guess?

Boy POV:

I hate this...world. All of it, any part of it sucks. Any...parts should...disappear. Even me. A little shitty pint fragment of this delusional world.

Parents full of bullshits, liars, all fu**ing inconvenient. Why bother live? I've heard so many good things about this goddamn paradise, turns out to be hell??

Somehow, I found myself in a quiet park. I parked my bike near where I could sit, I even brought my sketch pad with me without knowing why, but it's perfect.

"I guess I could just...draw."

Just as I am in the middle of a serious masterpiece, some annoying sound of cats disturbed my precious ears.

I was bothered by all these "meow meow" I hear. It surely pissed me off. So I followed the sound.

I found a young girl feeding cats with... cookies? But it seems it's not chocolate chip cookies, so I think it's fine.

"Hey...umm? Can you make them stay quiet? They bother me." I said annoyed. I don't want any more chat with anyone.

"Oh! Umm s-sorry for them." She was startled. And I found it cute... I kinda want to talk for a while suddenly.

"Oh it's alright. So...why waste some cookies for them?" I asked out of curiosity. I won't waste some food to some feline critters.

"...because I want to." She said with a determined face. Damn. What kind of answer is that?

I just watched her after that. She really smiles around those cats...and somehow she's starting to look like them, I mean about how cute they are..

"Your name?" She asked me, whilst smiling. "K-Kai." I said. "I'm Fukase..."

Fukase POV:

I continued watching the cats, seeing them smile as they eat the cookies I baked just for them. Kai kept watching as well. He has a serious face.

He's not smiling at all...

"Fukase, don't you have some kind of important things to do?"

"This is important."

Awkward silence.

"...Hey umm, don't you have anything to do, Kai?"

"Waste my time."

Awkward silence.

"They really enjoy your snacks, don't they?"

"Yeah they surely do."

"I wish I could enjoy something."

Awkward silence.

Our chat ends with a one to two phrase. Or a brief sentence. He's so serious he couldn't even contruct some sentence...neither can I.

But I feel I wanna... talk?

It was noontime. And Kai said he wanted to talk to me more, saying it's called a day today. Something urges me to talk to him... a stranger.

_____________________________

PART END

_____________________________