[2] Gratitude

Kai POV:

Since I was very young, I could never understand this world. I wonder, 'why people hurt each other?' 'why do we have to pay just to eat? Can't we just share?' 'why do we have to grow up and work?' 'do we really have to serve others, being someone's pet?'.

Yeah... I know how stupid my questions are.

What a selfish world...

______________

Me and my parents lives in an apartment here, and usually I'm alone with my mother.

THURSDAY

around 6:30 AM , my alarm clock rung
______________

I woke up by the sound of my alarm clock. "Shoot! I'm going to be late for school... 30 minutes left!"

I hurried to go down the stairs, thankfully the goddamn breakfast are ready to serve.

I grabbed one sandwich, and immediately ran towards the bathroom. I stripped up while chewing, and showered.

My mom must've slept already after she prepared our breakfast. So no time to say goodbye. I locked the house, mom's pretty weak in fights.

-------

In the middle of my route, my tires flattened. It caused me to flew over, especially I'm accelerating too fast. It hurted me, but who cares.

"Damn useless bike...!" I slowly stood up, hoping there weren't any broken bones...

I wouldn't want to give mom some problems.

Yeah, she might whip me again.

I left my bike on my acquaintance's house, mr. Kal, the store owner. He let me use his bike. Why let me use it?

Are we friends??

Anyways, it took me twenty-four minutes--no if you combine it...it took me fifty minutes to come to school--

Shit! I'm 20 minutes late...

This is Kuchikuse Highschool. Might seem cool by the name, but complete opposite of it. This school stinks.

They lectured me, having to stand outside our room. There are other fellows who were late too.

"Dashino Kai?" Someone uttered my name, I guess he was pretty surprised to see me standing here getting lectured. Darn.

"What?" I asked, annoyed.

"Heh. Even you here?? I guess you were starting to slack off. Want to be one of us?" It triggered something inside of me. Why would I join you hopeless retards?

I gave him a glare, and angrily said "No."

He just smirked, and looked away. I looked away too, seriously pissed off.

It was breaktime. I usually eat alone in a certain part of the school cafeteria, since I was pretty...anti-social.

They wouldn't befriend me, since I was really short-tempered. But I don't care.

Suddenly, I felt my six sense awaking after realising a familiar face, I turn to see the person whom I saw yesterday.

"F-Fukase?!" I was shocked, everyone turned at me, then they laughed. Damn crowd. But why am I acting like this anyway? I-It's just Fukase.

Fukase POV:

"F-Fukase?!" Such a familiar voice, everyone started to laugh as I slowly look to know who was calling me.