[4] For a friend

Driven by my anger, I purposedly opened the door , only to see Fukase in front of me; crying. She ran ahead of me, and her father is growling in anger. "YOU!" He grabbed me by my collar.

"Did you see something?" He asked. "Yeah! An abusive father to his--daughter!" His grip is really becoming tight, I can't breathe... "s-StOp--"

I fought back, managing to get off his hold. He grabbed my arm, pinning me down. "Sir! This is unreasonable--" I shrieked. "ANSWER! DID YOU SAW SOMETHING?!" he asked. "SAW WHAT??!" Then he get off of me. "Good then. NOW LEAVE. forget everything." What? After you just-- "...and don't come near me, OR my daughter."

----

I ran through the hallway, searching everywhere for Fukase. I even shouted for her. Which, I don't do very often. Then, found her on our school's garden. "There you are." I said, while heavily breathing, catching my breath.

"Kai..." she whispered and look at me. She was crying, it bothered me. "It's alright now." I said, I can't smile even if I want to. Come on man, smile so she'll feel alright... I tried to force a smile. Her eyes widened. Then she started to smile as well.

She ruffled her nose, man her eyes are puffy and red. Then I approached her and wipe her tears. She blushed after that. But I didn't mind. Don't you worry, I'll torture him. Heheh. My sadistic blood runs wild. HE'S LUCKY FUKASE IS HIS DAUGHTER.

"He won't hurt you, 'cause I'm here." I stated. Fukase continued to cry again, and hugged me. "Thanks, Kai..." Never mind. Neko lover

Anyways, we came back to class after that. This time focusing on the lesson. It was History, so I was pretty into it.

We were studying about musicians. The guy who died of cholera?? Ah, never mind his mame. I can't pronounce it properly. It's just blabbering.

Class pass like time, and yeah, it went by so fast I was kind of surprised it was lunch already. Mom would never bother cook lunch for me, so I always eat here as if the chef here's my mother.

My friend, Suoi, a rather cheery boy approached me. "Hey, Kai! Never met and chat in a while!"  His grandfather died, so I wasn't able to see him these days. "News 'round here you fetched a girlfriend. Dare to show this chic to me??" Eh? Girlfriend? "Quite the packed gossips." I irked.

"Stop Suoi. That girl's a friend. She's not my girlfriend. Never will be." I kept saying. "Okay, if you say so. By the way, do you know miss Yuchisuki? I found her cute." I choked on my food after hearing that.

"Yeah?"  "She's your new friend right? Could you introduce her to me? I swear I wouldn't steal her man, believe it!" He elbowed me. Why talk as if we're really a couple?! "As long as you stop making stories. You're the one who made all those gossips, right?!" I raised my eye brow.

Kimie Suoi. I've taken notes I've said Fukase's my very first friend. Well actually no, it's just... I cared for Fukase. Not that I don't care about Suoi...it's just that, this is my first time actually caring, perhaps. I never smiled at Suoi like I did with Fukase, never laughed real, shouted around for him or even worry like crazy. She's, a lot different.

At the end of the day, Suoi and me appeared in front of Fukase. She was surprised. "Umm, Kai?? And...--" "--Suoi! A pleasure to meet ya miss Yuchisuki-sama!" I laughed at his reaction. Ohh, anyways shouldn't I be laughing at Fukase's reaction as well?

"Oh. You must be Kai's friend. Nice to meet you too!" She bowed. "Umm hey, what's that basket you're holding?" "It contains special cookies for cats, Suoi." I said. Suoi took one without even asking. Yow, Suoi... his eyes widened and he shrieked. "WOW! SUPER TASTY COOKIE I'VE EVER TASTED IN MY WHOLE LIFE!" Is that overacting now??