chapter ten: the red dress

I heard you honk at 7:00. My mom still wasn't home. God knows where she ran off to now. I checked my self in the mirror one last time. My straight hair was parted down the middle and fell down my shoulders. My ruby colored silk slip dress accentuated my slight curves. I headed down stairs, putting on my heels. Slamming the door, I hopped in your front seat.

"My, my, my," You teased. "Do you know what you're doing to me dressed like that?"

"Just drive." I said, a smirk identical to yours forming on my face.

You took me to a cliff overlooking the city. You had a whole picnic set up with wine set out. My heart soared. As if reading my mind, you looked at me and said, "What can I say, I think about even the little details." I smiled, not knowing that would be significantly important later on. I sat down, and you poured me a glass of wine.

"Hey, I'm sorry about my friends, if they bother you. I know they can be a bit pushy sometimes." You said randomly, breaking the silence.

"It's fine," I replied, "I don't really like my friends either."

"I can tell." You answered, as if you had a deep understanding of what I felt.

"Sometimes, I just wish they were gone." I admitted.

"Well...," You said thoughtfully, "There is one way." You dragged your finger across your neck, stuck your    tongue out, and pretended to play dead. I laughed, but stopped when I saw you weren't.

"You're joking right?" I asked, laughing awkwardly.

"It's the only way!" You teased.

I shook my head. "Oh my god! You're crazy!" I yelled laughing. I rested my head on your chest. You lifted my chin up, and kissed me softly. I smiled, and you deepened the kiss. I broke away, and you slowly kissed my neck, making your way down to my shoulder.

"You've got to be joking." I laughed stiffly, feeling my face get hot.

"I don't joke." You whispered, in a voice that scared me so much, I didn't even think it was you.

You continued, kissing down my chest, and eventually slipping off my dress, but all I could focus on was your voice ringing in my head. You had to be joking right? Right? You had to be...