chapter twenty-one: leaving again

I woke up before Ryder did. I wanted to get ready and plan for the days ahead. I didn't know where I would be going. The only thing I knew was that I was definitely leaving, and it was going to be today.

I still had some of my clothes out, but most of my stuff was already packed up in my car. I was ready to leave, but I just didn't know if I would be leaving alone.

"I swear you get up way too early." Ryder's voice said behind me. He got up and walked over to me, wrapping his arms around me. I was almost done getting ready when he noticed I was packing up.

"What're you doing?" He asked curiously.

"I'm leaving Ryder. I told you last night."

"Well, I'm coming with you." He replied confidently.

"You don't have to if you don't want to." I cautioned.

"Who said I didn't want to?" He looked up at me and smiled slyly. I grinned and kissed him softly.

"Hey keep it PG kids." I heard Fox say sarcastically from behind us. We turned around to find him leaning against the door way, motioning us to head to the living room. Ryder pulled his shirt back on as we entered the living room.

Everyone was either finishing up their breakfast, or lying on the couch. I smiled at them. They all seemed to be happier now, not as suspicious as they had been last night. I was glad, especially because of Ace. The look he had given me last night made me feel the most guilt I have ever felt, and that says a lot, because I have never felt guilt before.

"You guys are leaving?" Gunners soft voice asked us.

"Yeah." I nodded sadly.

"Ryder you staying?" Jax asked Ryder accusingly.

"Not this time. But I'll come visit y'all ok?" He replied, trying to lighten the mood.

"Well let's not mope around. How's bout we all hang out on our last day together?" Scout suggested cheerfully. He always seemed to be happy.

"Sounds great." I laughed softly.

I didn't know what we would do for the rest of the day, but I knew whatever it was, I would enjoy it. I looked around at the boys around me. I know it sounds sappy, but they were the closest family I had. They had taken me in, even if they didn't fully trust me at first. I had never met a group of boys more crazy than them. Tough, mean, and wanted by the law, they were ironically, the kindest people I knew. And all I could do was leave them.