//chapter I//

I was scrambling to put on the last bit of mascara when I heard my mom call from downstairs.

"Aspen! Its time to leave we are already late!!"

I knew she meant it this time. If we didnt show up to the resraurant again I'm sure her date would think I was some annoying teenager who didn't even want to meet my soon-to-be father.

"Coming"

I yelled as i put on my heels. I felt a light tingling on my arms.

Crap, it's happening again...

I glanced as black ink appeared on my hand and tattooed itself into a scull. I knew mom would hate it if I showed up with these marks all over myself but I had no way of controling them.

I quickly threw a sweater over my blouse and bounded down the stairs.

Without even looking around I swung the front door open and ran to the car where my mom was waiting.

I looked down once my mom had backed out of the driveway and my eyes widened as I saw a black leaf tattoo creep up my wrist and into my palm.

In desperation I tugged down my sweater so that it couldn't be noticed.

I continued to feel it creep along my skin. It was like a feather tickling my forearms the whole ride to the restaurant.

I wanted to squirm but I really couldn't bring this to my mom's attention. I had kept this a secret for most of my life, ever since it started in middle school.

It wasn't that I was embarrassed by it. I was actually infatuated with it. Some of it was the most beautiful artwork I had seen.

I was afraid that if I told someone they would try to somehow stop it.

It was my little secret.

Once we parked in the parking lot I got out of the car and opened the door for my mom. It was then that I realized how dressed up she had gotten.

Her petite figure was wearing a black dress with sparkling earrings and hair carefully twisted into a top bun.

"You look stunning."

She beamed and stepped out of the car.

"Maybe if we run it will look like we were actually making an effort."

We both hurried along the sidewalk and into the building and the waiter directed us to our table.

There he was. The man my mother would not shut up about. Strong jaw and cheek bone and perfectly pressed suit.

He stood up when we walked up and embraced my mom in a hug.

I stood there thinking about how proud of them I was. My mom had taken big steps out of her comfort zone to get to this date.

"I'm guessing this is Aspen." He said as he looked at me.

I was ready to greet him when I suddenly gasped. I felt the tingling on my waist and I must have been more sensitive there.

"Honey?"

My mom said, putting her hand on my arm. I swallowed.

"Yes. It's nice to meet you."

I stuck my arm out. Still feeling uncomfortable with the feeling on my waist.

"Beauty must run in your family."

He said as we all sat down together at the table.

We were engaged in light conversation, all the while I squirming, trying to get rid of the weird feeling.

"I'm sorry I'll be back in a moment." I finally interrupted.

I stood and found my way to a bathroom where I lifted up my shirt in the mirror.

There were roses all up and down my sides. I splashed water on them but they stayed like tattoos. I found a pen in my purse and with a shaky hand I wrote STOP on my stomach.

I collected myself and went back to our table, Hoping that whatever I had just done helped.

To my surprise I didn't feel anything for the rest of the night.

A/N don't forget to vote and tell me what you thought, I'd love to know :)