15

Raegan

Tessa and I's conversation was interrupted by loud shouting downstairs. "What's going on down there?" I wondered out loud. "Let's check." Tessa said. I nodded and agreement and followed her out of my room and down the stairs.

"Jake!" I exclaimed immediately as I found him straddling Landon who was pinned to the ground by him. His nose was already bleeding but Jake's fist was still raised, ready to punch. Anthony watched with a satisfied look on his face as Chance and a few other boys tried to stop Jake.

I rushed to my best friend, pulling at his arm. "What are you doing?" I asked him. "He deserves this. I heard you tell Tessa everything. He deserves this for hurting you!" I sighed at his words. "I really appreciate it J..but he's not worth it." I said calmly. "Come on. Get off him." I tugged at his arm again, hoping he'd do it. I hated seeing Jake or any of my friends like that. I didn't want them to get physical because of me. They could get hurt.

With hesitation Jake climbed off of Landon and I pulled him into my arms for a hug that I hoped would calm him down. "I'm sorry." He whispered into my ear. "Don't be." I told him. I pulled away and offered him a smile that he returned.

"Get him outta my house." Jake glared at Landon. "Bro, why the fuck did you do that?" Chance seemed pissed. He didn't know so I couldn't blame him. "Just take him the fuck home." Jake grumbled, walking to the kitchen.

I followed him, wanting to talk. "Are you good now?" I asked him, leaning against the counter. "Yeah." Jake sighed, taking a sip of water from the bottle he just got.

"I don't want or need you to beat people up for me." I told him, shooting him a stern look. That was when Anthony butted in. "She fights her own battles." He mocked me from when I told him that the other day. I shot him a glare but then turned back to Jake. "Exactly." I confirmed. "Well I'm sorry I got mad at the guy who mentally and physically abused you." Jake threw his hands up,getting a little angry again.

The room fell silent. Now everyone knew why Landon and I broke up. "Guess the cat's out of the bag now." I muttered. "He abused you?" Anthony asked, an angry look on his face. "Yes but that's the past. I want to move on from that so let's please not make a big deal out of it." I replied. "Why didn't you tell us?" Erika spoke up.

Her and I hadn't been on the best of terms since everything with Megan went down. Even now she was still defending Meg and that disappointed me. We had just gotten closer again and she goes and stands by a liar. "I guess I wasn't ready." I shrugged.

"And who's funeral did you attend?" It was Jake who asked that question. "Turns out I have another brother. Well..had. he killed himself because he was addicted to drugs and couldn't get away from them even though he wanted to and tried." I explained. "My father was here a few days ago and told me." I added.

"He was here?" Jake asked surprised. I nodded. "Made quite the scene." Anthony added. "What do you mean?" Jake replied. "Doesn't matter. I told him not to come here anymore." I shrugged.

"Why not?" Ray asked that question. Not everyone knew why I hated my father. Only the OG Team 10 members and my Ohio boys. "My father isn't a good person. He's a liar and manipulative. He cheated on my Mom multiple times before she found out. He hit me...it was a one time thing but it was the day I swore myself he or any other man would never touch me like that again. Landon did and so I had to push him out of my life." It was a short summary. I didn't want it to get that deep. I hated talking about him.

"But that's all in the past now. I wanna move on and get back on track." I sighed. Everyone seemed to agree and for the rest of the night all of us hung out.
Chance was the only one salty that we threw Landon out of the house. But Chance hadn't been himself either lately. I was a little worried about him.

"Remember..we're meeting up with Banks tomorrow." Jake reminded me as we walked upstairs to go to sleep. "Didn't forget." I replied. He gave me a small smile as we stood by my room door. "Get some sleep. It was a tough day for you." He leaned forward and kissed my forehead. "Thanks Jake." He knew what I meant. He knew I meant everything he's done for me so far. He might be a complete idiot sometimes but I still loved him. "And I'm sorry for flipping out on you because Banks helped you. It just shows that he's not that bad of a person as Megan wanted him to be or I believed he is." I knew Jake would apologize and come to his senses. He always did. "It's okay Jakey." I smiled at him.

"Good night Rae." "Good night J." We shared another smile before going into our seperate rooms.
Apollo and Shep were cuddled together in Shep's bed, making me smile. I bent down next to them, running my hand through Shep's soft fur. He lazily raised his head but soon placed it down again, going back to sleep.

I changed into some sweats and a shirt and the slipped into my bed. I was exhausted. So much crap was going on at the moment and it was wearing me out.

I just hoped everything would settle down soon.