27

Raegan

I ended up staying in the hospital for two weeks. Chemotherapy was started and the hoping began. We weren't sure if chemo would even heal me this time. I was determined in doing anything I could though. No giving up now. I was done sulking, like I did the last time.

Anthony had picked me up from the hospital. We got a lot closer in the last two weeks. He was there everyday and as long as possible. "Is Shepherd okay?" I missed my German Shepherd dearly. I couldn't wait to cuddle him. "He has been waiting for you. Everyday he sits by the door, hoping you'll come home." Tony replied. My lips formed into a pout. My poor boy. "Apollo occasionally kept him company though, clearly missing you too." He added. The Belgian Malinois was growing fast and needed a lot of attention and work. I had been training him before but I knew two weeks without any discipline could ruin my training. "I missed them too." I mentioned as we climbed out of Jake's Tesla after arriving at the house.

We neared the front door and I already heard the barks of two dogs. I could see them both through the glass. Apollo was jumping at the door, wanting the get out while Shep stood next to him, waggling his tail in excitement. The sight of them made me smile brightly.

Anthony opened the door and I was immediately attacked by Apollo. He was jumping on me, still barking. "Hi." I cooed, picking him up and giving him a little cuddle. When I sat him down again Shep was waiting patiently for me to come to him. I sat down on the ground in-front of my furry friend and opened my arms. He took that as the sign he could come to me. And so he came and started licking my face. I giggled and wrapped my arms around his neck and buried my face in his soft fur. "Hi baby. I missed you." I cooed, running my hand over his back. Shepherd let out and unexpected bark making me groan. His barks were extremely loud and having it right by your ear wasn't that great.

"Mamabear is home!" Someone exclaimed. I looked up and saw Kade and his not official girlfriend McKenzie. "Hi!" I waved and grinned. I gave Shep one last pet and a kiss to the head before standing up with Anthony's help. I hugged McKenzie first. "How are you?" I asked her. "I'm great but the real question is..how are you?" She replied. She was such a nice and sweet girl, I couldn't ask for anyone better for Kade. "I'm..okay." I told her with a small smile. "We missed you." Kade butted in, knowing I hated to be asked that question. We embraced each other in a hug. "I missed you too." I responded to him.

"Where is everyone?" I then asked. "Most of them are outside filming something. Nick is in the office I think." Kade told me. "And Chance is probably in this room with thalex." Anthony added in. I turned to him confused. "Thalex?" I questioned. "His girlfriend." Anthony answered. "Isn't her name Alex?" I was a little behind on this one. I knew most people weren't that fond of her but they bared with her I guess. I never made an effort to get to know her since I had been busy or she was always locked up in Chance's bedroom when I was there. "Yeah but she's a thot..so we call her Thalex." Kade explained. "Oh come on guys. Leave the poor girl alone." I knew she was getting hate from them fans, especially Chessa stans and I knew it must suck. The last thing she needed was being hated on by her boyfriend's friends. "I mean I don't get why she chose Chance..." I trailed off making everyone laugh. "I'm hurt RJ." I heard from upstairs. When I looked up there stood Chance with his arms crossed over his chest. "I mean as long as she's into dudes looking like sloths or whatever that thing from ice age is then you're good C." I smirked up at him but he wasn't in the mood for jokes. "You suck." Chance grumbled and walked away again. "Seems like someone can't take a joke." I muttered, rolling my eyes.

Chance and I drifted apart a lot. Ever since him and Tessa broke up he became a whole different person. He went out getting wasted every weekend, he started smoking weed and let himself go. He was the main part of the reason that his YouTube channel was dying. I hated to see him like that and I tried is much to talk some sense into him and get him up and going again but it was no use. Partying, girls and gaming was all he was interested in from then on. And now that he was with Alex the only thing he didn't do that much was partying.

"On a happier note. I'm gonna go greet everyone." I announced. "We're going out for lunch. See you later." Kade said. Anthony and I said goodbye to the two before going to the backyard where the rest of the boys were, filming something.
Erika was under them too. We had kind of talked our beef out. Turns out she was apparently jealous of my success and me being so close to Jake. It was bullshit but I didn't want to hold grudges anymore. I was done with drama. I had already lost two little brothers and I didn't need to lose more family members.

-

After hanging out with everyone for a while I went and laid down on my bed. I was freaking exhausted. All this standing and walking was tiring. Anthony laid next to me, looking for a movie to watch. "I'm up for some Disney." I smiled shyly. "Let's watch The lion King then." He said. I loved that movie. I had watched it liked a thousand times but I never stopped loving it. I nodded in agreement and got comfortable as Anthony pressed play on the movie. He then turned slightly and wrapped his arm around my shoulder so my head laid on his chest.

I could hear his heart beating slowly and steadily. The sound of it made me calm down and relax into his arms. I could lay like this forever. I wasn't sure how I felt for Anthony anymore. I knew he always had and always will have that special place in my heart but I also didn't forget what he did. I didn't want to label anything though. All that mattered was him being there and us being this close again. All that mattered was that there even existed an us..