Chapter 5: Annabeth recites a Prophecy

Special Dedication to @Read_Write_hope! The correct answer is a blue cupcake! Thanks for reading!

Thalia and Annabeth sat in a coffee shop not far from the old mansion. Thalia had left her quiver and bow with the Mystery gang that Annabeth had been hanging with.

Daphne, the girl in the purple dress had gotten very mad at her for talking traps with the blond haired guy, Fred. Thalia bit her lip remembering that conversation.

"Relax Daphne." Annabeth said. "She doesn't date."

"Well...." Thalia rubbed the back of her neck sheepishly.

"Oh My Gods. Was it Nico? If it was Piper owes five bucks!" Annabeth squealed. Thalia's face burned red.

"You bet on me?" Thalia said.

"Yep! was it Nico?" Annabeth asked.

"The world may never know." Thalia said mutual as she could.

Annabeth frowned. Thalia hoped that she had created enough doubt in her for her not to mention it again.

"Soooooo...." Annabeth said taking a sip of her coffee.

"Soooooo...." Thalia mimicked. her finger traced the design on the table. It was relatively quiet, them and only a few other people in the restaurant. "About that prophecy..."

Annabeth laughed nervously. "Rachel showed up on my doorstep, that house I'm sharing with Velma, and asked to talk. I said okay for old times sake, ya know? And she told me she thought she had another prophecy and that she didn't remember anything about it.

"So I asked the Oracle, and she told me. I just got a little crossed. I mean it seemed pretty set in stone for us, yet again. I just don't want to do this anymore Thals. I'm terrified of what could happen this time."

"Okay that's great and stuff, but I still have no idea what the heck this prophecy is." Thalia said becoming frustrated."How do you even know it's about us?"

Annabeth smiled grimly.

"A cursed gem a soul shall reap,

To end a maidens endless sleep.

A call for help on a lonely shore,

A pain so deep only times a cure.

A son of the sea, forgotten, unloved,

As thieves chase the flower and dove,

And lightning flashes, bold and true,

To fight for a love made for two.

In cold blood a hero's final breath,

It bares not his true death."

"Yep that sounds like us." Thalia said mauling over the new information.

"That's not all." Annabeth said. Thalia was surprised to find fear in her friends eyes. "The Oracle said a second half. Thalia...it's dark."

Annabeth took a shuddering breath.

"So hear me now Olympus's final hope,

Your gods' lives are chained with rope.

Wisdom fights the losing battle unaided,

For even the shadows have been tainted.

Beware! The Gods on high slowly fade,