Ch. 27 - Remember me

No One's POV

Mary couldn't believe her eyes, what she saw, simply couldn't be.

"Grandmother, is everything alright?" The woman asked with concern.

Not answering, Mary walked over to Seulgi's table half in a daze. The face was exactly as she remembered it from all those years ago.

"S-seulgi? It can't be..."

The Korean rebel smiled, "Hello Mary, it's been a while hasn't it?"

"It can't be..." Mary repeated.

"Do you remember what I told you that night?"

Mary thought and tilted her head, "You were from the future."

Seulgi nodded, "Well, you caught up to me. From your perspective it's been something like 70 years. From mine, it's only been a few months."

Mary suddenly flashed back to that night and all of it came back. The music, everything. "It is you!"

The young woman who accompany her grandmother came up, she then looked to Seulgi and then back to Mary.

"Grandmother, what's going on?"

Mary looked at her grand daughter and smiled, "Lorraine, do you remember the story I told you about the night I got lost during the blitz?"

Lorraine thought for a moment then answered, "Yes, you were with great grandmother and when the air raid siren sounded, you got lost. But this odd woman found you in the tube station. She took care of you and played strange music for you. Then she took you home the next day. You told me once she played Fifth Harmony for you which was amazing and was from the future."

"Lorraine, this is Seulgi, the woman that took care of me that night."

Lorraine looked at her grandmother as if she'd turned purple, "You must be mistaken grandmother, that woman would have to be more than a hundred years old. That part about the future, is just a story."

Seulgi smiled mischievously and pulled out her phone, "It's not a story and I can prove it."

After fiddling with her iPhone for a moment, she held out a picture for Mary and Lorraine to see. It was a selfie with a 6 year old Mary and Seulgi, "I took that picture on October 9th, 1940 when I was with your grandmother."

Lorraine looked at it in disbelief, "No, it can't be. It looks like pictures of my grandmum at that age, but that just can't be."

Mary just looked at the picture with a happy reminiscing smile.

"Watch this," Seulgi then hit another button and a small video began to play.

Lorraine looked to see the Korean-American and what appeared to be her grandmother at age 6 in a dark corner.

Seulgi pointed at the phone, "Okay then, you just talk and look right there. Tell them who you are."

"And this is a movie camera?" Mary asked, puzzled.

"That's right."

The small girl smiled and looked directly into the small lens, "My name is Mary Bell and I'm 6 years old. I live at 194 Stepney way in London. I have 2 sisters Eva and Helen. My mummy's name is Charlotte and my daddy's name is Charles and he's in the Royal Navy."