Chapter Seven - The Second Slayer

So, unfortunately, I realized that the next chapter of Ripples wouldn't make it up today (it's gonna be Gajeel and Natsu and they're...being difficult, grrrrr) so I thought; hey, most of my readers probably want to know I'm alive and I also nearly have a chapter of Dreams of Dragons finished, so why not wrap up that.

So I did.

And no...the slayers have not arrived here either.

Also...if you read Ripples...you will notice some similarities...

THIS IS BECAUSE I FIND IT EASIER TO WRITE MY STORIES IF I ONLY HAVE TO KEEP TRACK OF ONE SET OF HEADCANONS.

*****

Chapter Seven - The Second Slayer

"There wasn't a colloquial phrase, or curse, that went something like, "May your day be full of angry dragons" or, "May every dragon you meet today be pissed off." But, there should have been."

Michelle Sagara West, Cast in Ruin

*****

Most would have called it a coincidence, but Acnologia knew better.

Fate was at work again.

It was early March of X777, and the bored dragon was walking through the woods surrounding Magnolia again, a relaxing process he'd been doing more often as he got roped more and more into the guild's (particularly the Dreyar's) shenanigans.

Most would have missed it, but Acnologia was too old and too powerful for it to go under the radar. In addition to that, he was a dragon slayer; he could practically smell the magic in the air.

While powerful, Gildarts and Makarov would have missed the feeling, and Laxus wasn't in tune enough with his dragon side to sense it.

But someone was trying to keep something hidden.

He followed the scent through the forest, finally coming to a stop at a force field and what looked like the entrance to an underground bunker.

The barrier was what he was smelling, and it would've been able to hide all the magic in the area from anyone other than Acnologia.

Except maybe Zeref.

But fuck Zeref.

Except not...you know...like...

Damn that wizard.

And Mavis. And...Mavis.

Acnologia moved closer, wary of the barrier. It wouldn't hurt him – it seemed to only be for protective measures – but it was likely that a security system would've been woven into the spell.

Acnologia froze as a smell permeated his senses.

It was a familiar scent, though he had only smelled it once before.

The place Ivan was in when he implanted Laxus with a lacrima reeked of it.

Without giving it a second thought, he broke down the barrier and stormed to the entrance, breaking into the building with a Chaos Dragon's Iron Fist.

"Who the hell are-" the man couldn't even finish his sentence before he was flying across the room.

He followed the scent and feel of power, kicking down door after door as he continued through the building.