Chapter Fourteen - A New Year

Hello I am still alive and life sucks but here is a chapter!

Doesn't start out very happy but it gets better! (The chapter, not just our lives)

Also for those who haven't read Ripples, and are confused about the thing with Macao and Romeo, I chose to make the connection because Purple Fire is physically solid (much like other elements).

*****

Chapter Fourteen - A New Year

"You can't be completely in love with a dragon and expect anything to be normal."
― Julie Kagawa, Legion

*****

Christmas was loud.

And Acno doesn't remember much of it.

But he remembers waking up in the New Year with a hell of a headache.

So he gets Wendy to fix it, and started getting the kids ready.

Training was rough. He took the kids – all of them – to Tenrou in order to train them. Some of the older generations were interested in what they were doing, so they weren't exactly alone.

It wasn't until they heard rumors of a demon on a food run that things changed.

Overall though, X778 was a quiet year. A year full of training. Only three big things happened.

Romeo.

The Strausses.

And the fucking. Cats.

But that was much later. First, they had to back up a bit.

*****

In early February, Romeo was born. He was Macao and Enno's first child, and Elle somehow fucked it up.

Acnologia didn't think it was a good idea to have a fourteen-year-old midwife, but who listens to the wise, four-hundred year old dragon? No one, that's who. Except for Elle, who oddly enough agreed and said she'd mess it up.

Which she did.

The best way to explain it would be as if she was a mentor, and was taking on an apprentice. The problem with this is that 1) Elle was not a master and 2) Romeo was a baby.

Maybe that's out of order.

But the point is that now, Romeo was apparently semi-adopted into the Rigby family, because of Elle using Stellar Magic to help assist with the birth and Macao apparently being distantly related to Elle (too distantly for Acno to smell, though). So now Elle would take him under her wing when he was old enough to start practicing magic so he could get a handle on the Planetary stuff.

But whatever.

Acno and Elle returned to train on the island while the new parents stayed behind at the guild with the baby. When Acno stopped on the way back to the island to buy some needed supplies, he overheard rumors of a demon.

According to the citizens of Hargeon, the demon had been wandering around for nearly half a year.

Acno sent a message to Makarov and the others on the island that there was a demon problem and that he'd be back soon, and then went off to find a demon.

First, though, he turned into a dragon, grabbed Elle in his claws (he didn't trust her to not try and get off his back) and flew her back to the island so she wouldn't be tempted to follow him.