Chapter Twelve - Mad Meetings

"Tiago turned to survey the large, crowded ballroom. 'Good job not killing anybody.'
'That's what Pia said,' Dragos told him. 'Night's not over yet'."

― Thea Harrison, Dragos Goes to Washington

*****

The five of them were silent, looking at each other, before one of them finally broke it.

"Are NONE of us going to talk about this?" the only female of the group demanded.

The four males winced. There were reasons they tried not to get on her bad side.

"Look, Grandeeney-"

"No, Igneel!" she yelled. "Acnologia is fine now! More than that, he is raising our children while we are stuck here, inside of them, and he actually seems slightly responsible – more responsible than you, certainly."

"That's enough," Igneel growled, probably only continuing because they were only communicating using magic and he was currently hidden safely inside Natsu's body, where Grandeeney couldn't reach him. "We didn't know what was going to happen, and I don't care if he's convinced these people he's better! I refuse to believe it."

"No, you refuse to believe that your idiotic plan got us stuck in here, and now you're upset that Acnologia is going to be raising our children instead of us!"

Grandeeney's voice raised and the other three dragons winced in sympathy for the Fire Dragon King. It was hard to get the Sky Queen mad at you, but when you did, you didn't have long.

"You can't blame all of this on me," Igneel said.

The other three dragons winced, well aware they were being thrown under the bus so Igneel could save his own tail.

"Oh, I'm getting to them!" Grandeeney roared. "But I'M NOT DONE WITH YOU YET."

*****

He felt a shiver race down his spine.

"Do you hear anything?" Acno asked Serena.

"Nah."

Acnologia looked around warily.

"Are you okay, Acno buddy?" Serena asked.

"I will be if you never call me that again."

*****

"I CANNOT BELIEVE I TOOK YOUR ADVICE! YOUR PLANS NEVER WORK OUT, IGNEEL!"

"That's not true. Natsu-"

"OH, and don't even get me started on your plans for him! How on earth you thought teaching E.N.D. Dragon Slaying Magic was a good idea I'll never understand."

There were muttered agreement from the Shadow Dragon and the White Dragon, and Grandeeney turned her ire on the mated pair.

"Oh, so you agree with me on that?" She hissed. "I wasn't sure you had any common sense. Let's talk about how your 'deaths'."

The two dragons winced and tried to move closer to each other.

"For starters, your slayers are the same age as Wendy. Five! Years! Old!" The slip into Ancient Draconic made the couple wince. "And you thought it would be a good idea to make them think that they killed the only parental figure they can remember?"