Chapter 13

This chapter is dedicated to lil_sushiroll who made my day with the nicest comment ever!❤ Thank you! I even found the perfect picture to honor you, yup it's a tiger sushi roll 😉

Leila's pov

I feel tingles, what is that? It feels soooo good, it feels safe and warm, like I'm home. I never want to leave. I think I'm pressed against someone's chest but right now I feel too content to open my eyes and see who's chest it is. I can feel a nice steady heartbeat and someone's breath fans my face. The sounds and sensations are so pleasant I feel the darkness seep in and I welcome it.

When I wake up I'm lying in a bed, the room is a sterile white and the smell tells me it's the pack hospital, and as I open my eyes I'm greeted with Kyles face.

"Hey, siss, how are you feeling?" Wow, he's actually worried about me, I feel touched.

"I'm fine, you know me, a few wolves can't keep me down."

He smiles at that, "Yeah, I guess you're right about that, and you sure have cemented your reputation as a solid fighter in the pack."

Just as Kyle finishes his sentence Doctor Gordon walks into the room, "She sure has, not many fighters can take out 6 rogues all on their own and live to tell the tale. When Axel came in here with you in his arms I was sure you would be in rougher shape but...."

"Wait, who? Axel?" I fell more than a little confused, "Axel carried me here? Why the hell would that guy help me? He hates me."

"Well, then it would seem he doesn't hate you enough to let you die at least, he seemed pretty worried about you." Worried about me? Yeah right. "He even stayed until I finished my exam and he knew you would be fine."

That's just surreal, I can faintly remember someone helping me out, but I was too high on adrenaline to actually remember much of the night. I guess that was him then. And what about that nice dream I had, about safe arms and a warm body next to me, could that have been real? No way, that must have been a figment of my imagination, probably because of the lack of physical contact lately. And there's no way Axel would be that loving in his treatment of me.

I scoff, "He was probably worried about the Luna getting angry if his sister died on his watch."

"No matter what his objective was you do owe him a thank you at least." Of course my annoying brother had to be the voice of reason.

"Fine, I'll find him and thank him when I get out. When will that be anyway?"

"All your wounds are as good as healed so your good to go right now," now that's what I like to hear.

"Thanks for plastering me up doc, I won't be back here anytime soon," I tell him as I rip the sheets off and get out of bed.

"Now let's get something to eat," I grab Kyles elbow and drag him with me out of the hospital and towards the pack house, "Well, as soon as I have changed my clothes at least." I'm wearing a stupid hospital gown, and I'm happy to say it is not open in the back. I have a nice ass, but this is not the best time to be showing it off.

After a quick change of clothes we head to the Alphas apartment and I make us something to eat, Kyle is a scary kind of disaster in the kitchen so I know better than to let him cook.

"So have anything else happened between you guys since yesterday," I ask Kyle as we sit down with a plate of pasta with meat sauce.

"No not really, I mean we had a great time at the lake yesterday, but when the message came that you had been injured we both headed to the hospital and after he found out you were okay he went to the office with Carl and Axel, and he's been there since."