Chapter 25

Leilas pov

Why the hell won't he just help me out? He's been eager enough before, but when I ask for it it's suddenly 'no'? What an ass.

Well, screw him, if he won't do it someone else will. And I'm really not impressed with his intelligence, leaving me in a room with a big window, stellar move right there.

I can hear him talking to someone, and as I strain my ears a little I can clearly hear Kyles voice, he is actually asking my brother for advice. That's not a dumb idea, he has had to deal with me in heat in the past, but awkward much?

I quickly towel off and as quietly as possible I jimmy open the window, I haul my body up and just as I throw my leg over the side of the window I can clearly hear Kyle say "Just keep her away from bears". That traitor, he swore he would never tell anyone about that. He is so going to pay when I see him! But first things first, time to scratch this itch, or more like quench this fire, cause I can feel the fire starting to pulse between my legs and inside my stomach again. So I easily jump out the window and after checking around I head towards what seems to be the center of this town, wherever we are.

I haven't run for more than maybe two minutes before I hear an angry growl resonate through the streets, and pick up my pace. I have to fight myself to keep going away from that sound, I know I want to be with the owner of that sexy growl but he won't give me what I need right now. Even my tiger is hesitant, she wants to be with Axel too, there's no doubt she has accepted the mating. But being in heat is like being drunk, not the kind of drunk a shifter gets but the blackout drunk humans get, I lose control over my body, the need to have my desire filled is too intense. There is a real physical pain until I find a man willing to take care of the fire. Luckily the shifter community has developed effective means to avoid pregnancy, or else I would have a least two litters by now.

As I start to near the center I can hear and feel a lot of people moving about, I can smell plenty of males and I know I'm nearing my target. I round a corner, and jackpot! There it is, man galore. A bar. Not some hipster night club but what seems to be a biker bar, tough big guys with tattoos and leather vests are mingling at the entrance and soon a very interesting scent hits me, something I have only smelled from Kyle before, a male tiger. That's the person I need to find, he should be willing and more than able to satisfy me.

I head for the bar, while I'm discretely sniffing the air to hone in on the man I need. I don't get far before someone grabs my arm and spins me towards them, "Are you looking for company pretty lady?" The man holding me is not bad looking, well he might be, but any man is appealing to me right now. But his smell is off, this is not the person I'm looking for, they need to have a distinct scent, some shifter woman told me that the man's scent tells me if we can make the strongest cubs possible together. I don't really care much about the reason behind it, I just know that since I now have many options this is not a man I want to take me tonight.

"I am, but you are not the company I'm looking for, so let go of my arm, or I will break yours."