Chapter 28

This chapter will have some torture in it, so if your uber sensitive you might not like it. But it's not really that bad.

Anders pov

I throw myself head first into battle, at least 20 rogues are attacking my warriors, and before the reinforcements can arrive have them severely outnumbered. But that doesn't hold them back from giving it their all and I can't help but feel pride in their efforts. I see Nari fighting with 3 rogues surrounding her, and she is clearly injured but still takes down the one nearest to her. Suddenly the others take advantage of her being busy killing their buddy and both lunge for her, one of them manages to get hold of her ear and yanks, splitting it in two making it dangle by her head. She yelps in pain and the second grabs hold of her throat, luckily I'm close enough to reach them and I ram into the side of the one holding her throat. The hit is hard enough to break bones and he lets go with blood pouring from his nose, I clamp down on his neck, easily breaking it. I look back at Nari just in time to see her ending the life of her other attacker, then I go back into the thick of the fight biting and ripping my way.

Suddenly my mate link is filled with Kyles voice "Anders, I was attacked, I think I might have gotten drugged, I'm starting to feel numb."

"What? Where are you? I'm coming right now!" Fear fills my body. 

"I'm on the path between the river and the pack house," I turn around and run faster than ever as I sprint towards him. "I feel really...

"What? Kyle, you feel really what?!" I try to talk to him, but there is no reply, and I push my body even harder.

"The Luna is in trouble, he's on the path between the river and the pack house, get there now!" I can feel what he's feeling over the link and I know he's about to fall unconscious, and I urge him to hold on as I run as fast as I can.  

"There are hunters, I love you." Then he's gone, I know he's alive, I would know if he was dead but he's unconscious and I can't reach him anymore.

I get to the path in no time, but my Kyle is gone.I can smell his heavenly scent and I know they had to be there only minutes before, but as I start to track the scent it suddenly disappears. "Fuck, they used some kind of scent disguiser, I lost the scent!" Luckily Lewis shows up, he's the best tracker we have and he starts to track as soon as he gets there and heads off into the forest with me close behind. My heart drops when he slows down almost immediately and starts sniffing the ground and soon comes to a complete stop. "I'm sorry Alpha, I can't find the scent anymore, I'll head back to the trail and see if I can pick up anything that can help."

It feels like my heart is trying to rip its way out of my chest, if Kyle dies I won't be able to go on, the thought of his death is enough to almost make me lose it. My legs buckle underneath me and I am close to shutting down when Carl shows up, "Anders, this is not the time to give up like some kind of loser asshole. The rogues called off the attack and ran as soon as they had Kyle, that means he must have been their objective. And we have seven wolves down, four wounded and three dead." "We managed to capture two of the attackers, so we can question them and try to figure out what the hell is going on." His words, although a little harsh, pulls me back. He's right, I'm the Alpha, I don't have the luxury of falling apart, I have to stay strong for my people. The last thing Kyle told me was that there were hunters involved, why the hell would hunters team up with rogues? Wolves are hated by hunters, not allies.

"Keep tracking, let me know the second you have something!" I bark out the command to the people gathered to search.

"Yes, Alpha!"