Rey's Awakening

Author's Note: Hi guys. So I've unleashed some Reylo at the end of this chapter, I couldn't wait any longer haha. Enjoy! 

POE 

Poe sat beside Rey, not sure what to do. The poor girl was crying and it was drawing attention. He wasn't used to comforting people.

"What did he say to you?" he asked, hoping there was something he could tell Rey to help her feel better.

She didn't reply but kept her face hidden behind her hands. The bus they'd been waiting for, before she'd been taken by surprise by Kylo Ren, pulled up across the street in front of the Canto Bight Zoo entrance way. It wasn't a good time, but Poe didn't know when the next bus would come. They were already running late.

"Rey, we need to go." He pulled her up into standing position and she suddenly hugged him. He was stunned for a moment, then set his hand on her back, not sure if he should give her a real hug in return, like he would if it were Finn who was upset, or if that would make her feel uncomfortable.

"I have a little brother," she said.

"What?"

"Kylo..." Rey took in a staggered breath and continued. "Kylo Ren has him prisoner, on his new ship."

"Are you sure?" Poe pulled back to look at her. Knowing Kylo Ren, it could easily be a trick. "He could be lying."

She shook her head. "I know it's true."

Her breaths were frantic and her distress so apparent that Poe pulled her back into a hug, a real hug this time. Rey's pendant dug into Poe's chest.

"Finn!" he said, pulling out of the hug. "We can contact Finn and Rose with the beacon as soon as they're in range. They should be on their way now. We'll tell them to keep an eye on Kylo's new ship and to follow it if he tries to leave."

"I have to go to him-" Rey said.

"No!" Poe grabbed her by the shoulders. "Do not go to him again. That's what he wants."

"He has my brother. He's going to hurt him if I don't go. Alone."

Poe shook his head. "He won't hurt your little brother. Trust me. If your brother is Force sensitive, like you are, then Kylo Ren will want to train him and get him on his side. And as long as you're not giving in to his demands, he'll have to keep your brother alive, as a bargaining chip."

"Alive, but Kylo could still hurt him."

Poe heard the hiss of the bus lifting off the ground to prepare to leave, after taking on passengers. He glanced over.

"Rey, we have to go. We can't stay here until the next bus."

Rey nodded and they ran for the bus.

-----------

REY

There is no response from Finn. Where could they be? Him and Rose were supposed to be here long ago. General Leia and the others aren't here yet either. Could something have happened? I try not to dwell on that thought.

I walk over to the large floor to ceiling window and look down from the second level of the Quarren Restaurant building. The meeting with the Rebels was brief, since the General and others weren't here yet. They will wait a bit longer and reconvene in the morning. I sigh, hating not being able to do anything, when what I want to do is fly straight for Kylo's ship and take my little brother away from that monster. I look down on the street below. Many strings of lights hang between the buildings, shining like stars. 

Temiri. That is my brother's name. The Rebels had just, this very day, discovered that he was Force sensitive. I'd missed meeting him by mere hours. If we'd landed closer to Canto Bight, or walked faster...